Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

I can't change settings or overclock BOTH of my Arc A770s. Also, what about custom resolutions?

GoldenSun3DS
Beginner
Arc Control does not allow me to choose which GPU I'm changing settings for (power limit, overclock, etc) and it only seems to apply to the first GPU. Arc does not allow you to use third party programs like MSi Afterburner, either.

Plus, I need fan control. Why doesn't it let me control fan speeds when you block third party tools? When I try to set a custom resolution in Intel Graphics Command to match my phone's resolution (game streaming via Parsec with HDMI dummy), it just gives an error. I had no problems with custom resolution with an inferior GTX 1650 Super and the same HDMI dummy.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/87886/intel-confirms-arc-graphics-does-not-support-multi-gpu-for-gaming/index.html

Intel had to clarify to the press that Arc supports dual GPU for rendering, not gaming, so why can't I change settings for BOTH of my Arc GPUs? Will third party tools like MSi Afterburner eventually be unblocked so we can use those instead of Arc Control?

The reason I have 2 Arc A770 16GB GPUs is to do a multiseat shared system with 2 users each getting a GPU.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @GoldenSun3DS

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. Thank you for your feedback.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

• To clarify, when you are tweaking your main card, it works fine, correct? 
  • What is the error you get when trying to set the costume resolution?
  • Please run a graphics report following this article, especially Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) 
  • To get more information from your system please install, run and attach the logs for the following tool: Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. (Please select de 'Everything' checkbox when you run the tool so we have all the information we need) 

Best regards,

Carlos L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @GoldenSun3DS

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @GoldenSun3DS

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos