Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

I can't get into my Intel graphics control panel because my laptop doesn't have touchscreen.

MLark2
Novice

I am very angry as for weeks i have been looking for my Intel graphics control panel on my laptop i right click on the desktop and it doesn't show it (picture attached below) Then today I went into the Microsoft store and it said that I needed to download it. So I download it and when I open it is shows this message (second picture below) . Than in system requirements it says I need a touchscreen. I have a very expensive Lenovo laptop with a core i7 8th gen with nvidia geforce GTX 1050p graphics and 12gb of ram and I need a touchscreen??? I am a gamer and i really need the control panel. Please can someone help me with this problem. My intel graphics card is intel HUD Graphics 630.

7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
MLark2: Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to access the Intel® graphics control panel now, you can do it from the Windows* start menu or by using the shortcut "Ctrl-Alt + F12" If the problem persists, to try to fix this problem we recommend to manually un-install and re-install the latest graphics driver version available for your platform. Please follow the instructions in the following link to un-install the graphics driver manually: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html Here you will be able to see the steps of how to install the graphics driver manually: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html If the issue remains, please provide the specific model of the laptop. In the following link, you will find more details about the Intel® Graphics drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MLark2 Please kindly follow the directions below to resolve your issue. Let us know if you have any questions. 1. Download the latest driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28139/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10 2. Disconnect your internet connection 3. Uninstall your graphics driver via Windows Apps & Features. 4. Reboot 5. Install the driver from step 1. 6. Reboot 7. Reconnect the internet connection 8. Windows will auto install the Graphics Control Panel or you can trigger it by running Windows Update Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
MLark2
Novice

Leonardo.C thanks dude for the steps. I just would like to know if their are any risks involved like things could break or something. I barely know anything about computers as I only got my first one 2 months ago. I could try and do it but I just would like some clarity. Also will these steps override the glitch that tells me that I need touch screen? Thanks man.

Michael

0 Kudos
MLark2
Novice

Thanks Leonardo but is it safe to uninstall the driver?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MLark2 The reinstall of the graphics driver should not present problem on the system. Please let me know what the outcome is. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MLark2 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MLark2 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos