Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

I can't get resolution over 1280x800 with intel HD graphics 630

MSeel1
Beginner

Hi, I just bought a new computer with the ASUS Motherboard B630M-A and Intel HD graphics 630 and i am hooking it up to an 30inch HP LP 3065 Wide monitor using a DVI-D Cable. Windows 10 Pro installed. 

Now the max resolution should be 1920x1080. 

UHD Graphics driver is newest: 25.20.100.6373

However, I cannot get the resolution higher than 1280x800 in either settings (Windows or Intel UHD Graphic). Also when I try to make userdefined settings with this values it tells me, that it exceeds the max resolution.

I have made sure my graphics drivers are up to date but it doesnt give me the option of anything higher than 1280x800. 

The same monitor with same cable connected to mz old Win7 system works perfect with higher resolution.

I gathered the informations with the system support utility already, it is attached to this post.

A strange thing in this information log is:

Video Architecture:"VGA"

How the hack it shows VGA when I connect 100% with a DVI-D cable, should that not be different?

Thanks for any help!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MSeel1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. This behavior can be related to the type of connection/adapter video cable on the system, in order to understand better the behavior let me know the following information: What is the video output used in the motherboard? Have you test the system with a different display? (HDMI® to HDMI® for example) Is the operating system up to date? can you try updating the graphics driver to a new released? You can try for example: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28567/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MSeel1 Have you been able to test the drivers and collect the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MSeel1
Beginner

Sorry for the delay. I can tell you, that it has nothing to do with the monitor or cable I use. I made the following test. I have put an NVIDIA GeForce 210 into the mainboard and the monitor with the same cable immediatly gives me 2560 x 1600 resolution.

• I use the only DVI-D port from the motherboard connected by an DVI-D cable (all pins)
  • My Windows Version is up to date: Version 1809 (Build: 17763.379)
  • I did not test the system with a different display as I know that the display is ok and I need to work with this one.

My current driver is Intel UHD Graphics 630 Version: 25.20.100.6471

I downloaded the drivers 25.20.100.6577 from the link you sent me. But when I install it I get the message:

“The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

I tried to install manually by DeviceManager using the inf file, but even telling me that the driver was installed correctly, the version was still the older 25.20.100.6471.

Any other ideas?

Michael

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MSeel1 Thank you for the information. Allow me to share with you that Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor on your system does not support DVI-D or VGA connections (As reported on the SSU), it would be important to confirm with ASUS* if the motherboard has an internal video converter that might be causing a bandwidth limitation, keep in mind that the Intel® Processor supports HDMI® 1.4, DP and Integrated Flat panel as mentioned on the product specifications (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/126686/intel-core-i7-8700-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-60-ghz.html). You can still test other video output ports on the motherboard if available. For the driver installation you can true the following steps on the system: 1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. 2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: • 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' • 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. • 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. • 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8. Restart the computer. 9. Reconnect to the Internet. ASUS* support: https://www.asus.com/support/ Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MSeel1 Were you able to complete the driver installation on the system? Did you try testing a different connection? Did you get any information about the video converter on the motherboard? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello MSeel1 I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos