Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

I had intel driver and support installed on my pc, got messaged I need to update to the new one

HHans8
Beginner

, so tried to do that, keep getting this message the specified account already exists, then got it unistalled and tried to re-install it but still getting the the specified account already exists message, and cant find driver and support Assistant under apps in Windows, so no idea what to do to get it back.

Getting this error when installation fails 0x80070643

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Uninstall Intel Driver and Support Assistant via Control Panel (if it is still installed).
  2. Delete all old log files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.
  3. Restart the system.
  4. Go to Download Center and do a fresh install of IDSA. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Leon

HHans8
Beginner

Thank you so much! will try that

0 Kudos
HHans8
Beginner

Tried it didnt work.. 😕 I cant see that the program under control panel or apps, only Intel graphic card and some other programs, but still starts up with windows, when I restart and still saying I need to update Intel Driver and Support Assistant before I can see the 2 new updates it pop up with.

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

use ccleaner software , delete registry errors files , and then restart the system . then delete the following folders if exist

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Driver and Support Assistant\

C:\Program Files\Intel Driver and Support Assistant\

restart the windows

HHans8
Beginner

Still seem to start up when I start the pc, but cant find it under install programs or apps

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

delete the startup items in the task manager ,

check the following regsitry keys , on right hand side , you will see intel dsa , once find click delete

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

HHans8
Beginner

Thank you! but ehmm that might be over my head to that.. 😕

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello HHans8 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Have you tried to uninstall of Intel® driver and support assistance Intel DSA with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller? Reference/download link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller. Once you have uninstall Intel® DSA try to install the Intel® DSA lasted version (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128824/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Intel-DSA-). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello HHans8 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have any update on the behavior reported. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HHans8
Beginner

Hi, sorry I havent had the time to look into it yet cause of the holidays, barley been home, but will try it as soon as possible

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello HHans8 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete the testing. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HHans8
Beginner

Hi, finally got it tried and it works, thank you so much for your help

0 Kudos