Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

I have Windows 10 Intel Graphics Driver HD 4400, not validated for this computer. Dell Mfg, contacted them and they cannot figure out why update not working. Signed into Intel and website not responding to email.

WReed2
Beginner

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You can find the latest W10 driver for HD 4400 here.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29313/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81497

What is your processor model number?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If Dell has installed a driver customized in any way, this will prevent the generic drivers from the Intel site from being installed. If you have a laptop, this is usually the case. There are ways to get around this, but understand that, if this is a laptop, doing so could stop certain features (often brightness control, for example) from working properly.

If you want to proceed, here is the process you need to follow:

1. Download - but do not attempt to install - the driver package you would like to install.
  2. Disconnect completely from the Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless support.
  3. From the Apps and Features applet, if there is NOT an entry for an Intel Graphics Driver package, go to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall this intel Graphics Driver package.
  5. Reboot, keeping Internet disconnected.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, if there is a Microsoft-supplied (NOT Intel-supplied) graphics driver assigned to the Intel HD Graphics device, go to Step 9.
  7. Uninstall this Intel-supplied driver (check the box to specify to delete all driver software for the device).
  8. Go back to step 5.
  9. Install the driver package that you downloaded in Step 1.
  10. Reboot (should be asked to do so, but do one regardless).
  11. Reconnect Internet. Replug Ethernet cable and/or enable wireless support.
  12. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
WReed2
Beginner

Thanks for the answer, I printed it and will have to find someone other than me to do it. As the saying goes, I am too old to learn somethings, I have replaced motherboard and other items in my tower, but I can no longer get on the ground and unplug cables.

Thanks again

0 Kudos