Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I have a Samsung netbook NP-145 onto which I have been trying to install Windows 10, but I always get the message: "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 series. The display is not compatible with Windows 10. Is there any way in which it can be made comp

TJone9
Beginner

Sorry !! I mistook the title box for the question box - now they are the same!

I have a Samsung netbook NP-145 onto which I have been trying to install Windows 10, but I always get the message: "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 series. The display is not compatible with Windows 10". Is there any way in which it can be made compatible, or do I have to accept that I remain indefinitely on Win 7?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

GMA 3600 is not supported on anything above Windows 7: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

The only thing you can do is to use the Microsoft generic driver, or roll back to Windows 7, or get a new/current laptop.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

GMA 3600 is not supported on anything above Windows 7: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005526.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products

The only thing you can do is to use the Microsoft generic driver, or roll back to Windows 7, or get a new/current laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
TJone9
Beginner

Thanks Al.

That's the first useful answer I have received. Although I started in computing 55 years ago, I'm really not up to date with everything any more. Can you explain what I have to do to "use the Microsoft generic driver?" I am still using Win 7 on my netbook. If I use the generic driver will it allow me to load Win 10?

Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable.

Kind regards

Tony

0 Kudos
ppara5
Valued Contributor I

I'm certainly not Al Hill, but I can answer the question. A generic driver is what Microsoft will give you when you install W-10. The generic driver may work for you; there's only one way to know for sure. If you had a desktop, you could install a video card to avoid the problem, but that's not relevant in your case.

Here's my advice, if you enjoy playing with PCs. Using a spare drive -- so you won't destroy your W-7 installation -- install W-10 using the below link to download a CD-ROM of W-10 (download it on W-7 before you switch drives). Play around with it for a few hours without connecting the Ethernet cable to avoid notifying Microsoft. If everything works, you might be okay with W-10.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-upgrade-from-previous-versions-of-windows/31722b30-1da9-42bb-b331-0edc4649bf43 How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks, Al Hill and Paramountain for the help on this case, Jonestheword if there is something else I could do for you please let me know.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos