Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I have an issue on the HD graphics 5500 on Lenovo E550 Laptop.

FFili4
Beginner

The graphics display BLANK pop-up windows on some SW apps., see attached sample for Turbo Tax 2018. The same app work find on a Lenovo E530 laptop.

I have the latest version of Win 10 and latest drivers for all devices per Lenovo update app.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FFili4 As shared on your case ID we have tested the behavior on our end and we have not been able to replicate it using the same Intel® graphics controller and the drivers’ versions 4531 and 5058. For this reason, we are recommending to contact Lenovo™ to report the behavior. You can also refer to your case ID for more assistance (please see your private inbox for personal case information). As per Intel policies you can only have one case open reporting the same behavior. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FFili4 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Please try a clean installation of graphics driver in the system with these steps: First, you will have download the Intel® HD graphics 5500 generic driver version on the following link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28163/a08/win64_15.40.41.5058.zip, once the driver is downloaded please make sure that the unit is not connected to internet during the uninstall/install driver to avoid any automatic update, and follow these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers: 1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc 2. Expand the Display Adapters section. 3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver). 4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall. 5. Select the check box “Delete” the driver software for this device. 6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished. 7. Complete these process until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter. Once the reboot is completed, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver: 1. Use the .zip file downloaded previously. 2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder. 3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager. 4. Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control. 5. Expand the Display adapters section. 6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. 7. Click “Browse my computer for driver software”. 8. Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. 9. Click “Have Disk”. 10. Click “Browse”. 11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”. 12. Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”. 13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed. 14. Reboot your computer. If the behavior still persists I would recommend testing the drivers provided by Lenovo™ the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) reference link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e550/downloads, and reporting the behavior with them for testing. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FFili4 I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able complete steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFili4
Beginner

Hi Leo and team,

I did try the suggestions, please reference your case: Intel Customer Support - Case

I have added new pictures.

The default Windows 10 driver does not have any issues, but the current and prior and maybe other older HD 5500 drivers still have the issue.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FFili4 Thank you for the information. After reviewing the steps taken on the on the reference case ID the you have share in am noticing that we have advised to refer the case to Lenovo™ the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Reference link: https://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/ BTW: we don't recommend sharing personal information on the community (the case id has been deleted). Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FFili4
Beginner
It seems that the issue is the Intel driver, since the Window original driver works perfectly. Please provide my case to the Intel driver development team, so they can take into account this peculiar issue in their next version release. I will be glad to beta test it for them if desired. Regards, Franco
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello FFili4 As shared on your case ID we have tested the behavior on our end and we have not been able to replicate it using the same Intel® graphics controller and the drivers’ versions 4531 and 5058. For this reason, we are recommending to contact Lenovo™ to report the behavior. You can also refer to your case ID for more assistance (please see your private inbox for personal case information). As per Intel policies you can only have one case open reporting the same behavior. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos