Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

I have laptop Dell g5500 -Rtx 2070 q-max veram 8gb - frames freeze

hossameid
Beginner
I have laptop Dell g5500
-Rtx 2070 q-max veram 8gb
- Intel® UHD Graphics
-Core i7 10750H 2.60hz (12 CPUs)
-Ram16gb ddr4.
- Disk : NVMe PC611 NVMe SK hy 1TB.
-15.6 ( FULL HD 144hz WVA Display ).

I suffer a lot from low frames happening in all games, whether the game is on the highest settings or lower and during the low frames freeze occurs for seconds the frames will go back to normal, things become smooth. Please help, I have a problem about 4 months ago, and I told the support of Dell and Nvidia, and no one told me the solution.
========================
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

hossameid, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

What is the name of the games?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
hossameid
Beginner

Is this a new computer?
yes I bought it 4 months ago.

no .

When I bought a laptop I am having this problem.

And I updated all the definitions to cut off the device’s resources from the official Dell website by using the service tag  Attached is a laptop box .

21H1 build 190.43.1055

In all games like ( pes 21 + fifa 21 + Grand Theft Auto V +WWE.2K20+ Pro Evolution Soccer 2017....
Songs from a problem in all games have been tried

in the two

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

hossameid, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Just to confirm, did you check the system requirements of the games to make sure your system complies with them?

After checking the SSU information, we can see that the graphics driver currently installed is version 27.20.100.9466, which is an Intel® generic graphics driver.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Dell's website and the graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.8935, A03, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=hg22t&oscode=wt64a&productcode=g-series-15-5500-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-gigabit-products.html

If the problem persists after that, we can try a clean installation this time of Intel® Beta generic graphics driver version 30.0.100.9667:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30522/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Also, please get in contact directly with Dell to make sure that the latest BIOS version is currently installed in your system or to gather the instructions on how to install it:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hossameid
Beginner

Is this a new computer?
yes I bought it 4 months ago.

no .

When I bought a laptop I am having this problem.

And I updated all the definitions to cut off the device’s resources from the official Dell website by using the service tag  Attached is a laptop box .

21H1 build 190.43.1055

In all games like ( pes 21 + fifa 21 + Grand Theft Auto V +WWE.2K20+ Pro Evolution Soccer 2017....
Songs from a problem in all games have been tried

in the two

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hossameid, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hossameid, Thank you very much for your response.

But what we wanted to confirm is if you were able to install the graphics drivers provided previously and doing the BIOS update to the latest version and if the problem remains after that? 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hossameid, I just wanted to check were you able to install the graphics drivers provided previously on this thread and doing the BIOS update to the latest version?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hossameid
Beginner

I have done everything there is the same problem what is the final solution please help 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

hossameid, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hossameid, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, for this specific scenario, the games should be running in the RTX 2070 graphics controller. 

So, just to make sure, could you please confirm if the issue also happens when using just the Intel® Graphics controller?

Additionally, are the games running on the same platform, e.g. Steam?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hossameid
Beginner

Make sure that I play on the Nvidia card. I play games on Steam and also Oregon, and I have the same problem. I want a radical solution to this problem. Please review the problem well, because I am very bored.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

hossameid, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

We understand that the problem persists when running the games on the Nvidia card, but for us to be able to do further research, could you please confirm if the issue happens when using just the Intel® Graphics controller only?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hossameid
Beginner

When using a card Intel® Graphics, there is severe pain and there is no stability because it is weak 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

hossameid, Thank you very much for confirming those details.

We will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get any information I will post all the updates on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello hossameid, I just received an update on this matter.

For this specific scenario, just to let you know, the systems with hybrid graphics are highly customized and are designed to run the highly demanding graphics tasks with the eGPU. So what we recommend as the best thing to do, will be to use the manufacturer's drivers for both graphics cards. In the video, you shared with us, you were using the Nvidia card, and we do not have control or information about the specific settings you should use while running the game on an external card.

We can only provide troubleshooting for the Intel graphics card, and in that case, you should disable the Nvidia one and provide us with steps to replicate this using just the Intel Card. However, you will have a better performance using the Nvidia card since the PC was designed as we mentioned before to run the games with that graphics card, our best recommendation is to continue working with Nvidia and Dell, if you are using manufacturer's drivers both cards should be working properly with your system and only Nvidia can provide the specific settings they recommend to play the games you are currently running.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
hossameid
Beginner

What is the way to operate two cards for each benefit of better performance 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

hossameid, Thank you very much for your response.

It all depends on the customizations done by the manufacturer of the computer, they customized everything in your platform in order to provide a better overall performance of the unit.

In regard to graphics, they can customize your equipment to assign tasks to each graphics controller, for example, they can assign the games to be supported by the Nvidia graphics card specifically and the rest of the functions related to graphics to be handled by the Intel® graphics controller in order not to overload none of them and have a better performance by sharing assignments, but it is up to them, to Dell, in this case, to confirm if that is actually the way their computer is working and what were the customizations done by them:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us?lwp=rt

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos