Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

I have updated to DCH drivers and now i want to roll back to legacy drivers.

AKawa1
Novice

DCH drivers make GTA 5 crash at going full screen, so i want to get back to old. But after i have unistalled Intel graphics from Apps and Features, it just got back to previous drivers which is still DCH drivers (I checked it from Device Manager though Intel Graphics... had not appeared in Apps and Features) . What can i do now, should i unistall it from Device Manager.

My laptop manufacture is Dell, and they still promote old legacy drivers as the lastest drivers for my laptop. Because i have updated via Intel Support Assistant, so it was my biggest mistake.

I have also read FAQ: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html, it says "It's still possible to roll back to a legacy driver but this is a complex process that can result in system instability. We don't recommend it."

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You can rollback your driver from DCH to legacy:
  2. Disconnect your laptop from internet.
  3. Uninstall the DCH driver from Device Manager. Check the Delete option during uninstalling.
  4. Reboot your laptop. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphics driver in Device Manager.
  5. Install the legacy Graphics Driver.
  6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.

Leon

View solution in original post

6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You can rollback your driver from DCH to legacy:
  2. Disconnect your laptop from internet.
  3. Uninstall the DCH driver from Device Manager. Check the Delete option during uninstalling.
  4. Reboot your laptop. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphics driver in Device Manager.
  5. Install the legacy Graphics Driver.
  6. Reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.

Leon

AKawa1
Novice

Why must i dissconnect my laptop to the internet ? What happened in the opposite case ?

LeonWaksman
Super User

"What happened in the opposite case ?" - this step is taken in order to avoid unwanted update from Windows, which may reinstall the DCH driver.

Leon

AKawa1
Novice

Thank you, As i said above, i have unistalled "Intel graphics... from Apps and Features and my problem is solved. But should i install it again ? I know exactly if i install DCH drivers again, my problem will come back. Should i install legacy drivers instead or remain DCH drivers version without "Intel Graphics..." in "Apps and Features", in the second case, will it affect something then ?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Since you have Dell laptop, install drivers downloaded from Dell. Do not use Intel DSA to update your drivers. Download your drivers from Dell site only. Dell and other laptop manufacturer are customizing Intel drivers to accommodate with their hardware.
  2. So, I suggest that you should uninstall the DCH driver also from Device Manager and then install the driver downloaded from Dell.
  3. Use the procedure from my post above.

Leon

AKawa1
Novice

Thank you very much, i have followed all your procedure successfully.

0 Kudos