Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

I need help to solve OpenGL graphics problem.

TIgor1
Beginner

hello, I have a problem.

when I try to install and open a program, the following message appears: "Could not open GLFW window. does your graphics support OpenGL 2.0 or greater? if so, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed"

I found a post similar to a similar problem, but it didn’t solve my case because it was a java file and I don’t have it, I have HD graphics 3000 and I use win10, I downloaded something that was indicated to me, Windowns ADK, but it also didn’t solve my problem, can anybody help me? please, i don't know what to do anymore.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your processor and its HD graphics 3000 engine were discontinued some time ago and Intel made the decision to not support it on Windows 10. There simply is no driver from Intel to support it. Microsoft has a compatibility driver that will allow this graphics engine to be used. This driver has many problems and compatibility issues -- including support for only OpenGL v1.0. Microsoft provides this driver as-is. There is no support for this driver and there will be no updates to this driver.

B​ottom line, if you need support for a newer version of OpenGL, your only alternative is to purchase a more-modern system.

S​orry, reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
TIgor1
Beginner

yes, thanks for trying to help but i believe it will not be possible, it seems to me it will only be possible if i move to win 7.

I've tried several solutions that were said to me but nothing worked, thanks for the support.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Since Windows 7 has been discontinued and is no longer receiving security updates, it is really not a good idea to be using it. Upgrading to newer hardware is really the right thing to do - if you can afford it, of course.

...S

0 Kudos