Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

I've been facing sirious screen tearing while gaming, problem started when I updated my windows 10 to may1903 version and installed latest graphic card . any help would be greately appreciated

SKAUS4
Beginner

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. You mean that you have installed the latest Graphics Driver, rather than card.
  2. If it is laptop you have, you should install only drivers released by the OEM. The Intel drivers are some time modified by the OEM.

Leon

SKAUS4
Beginner

Yes I have HP notebook with integrated hd graphics. I already tried HP driver, problem wasn't solved.

It was running fine before on windows version(10.0.10240)

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Windows 10 build 10240 is four years old Windows version 1507. Today the Windows version is 1903 build 18369.356 . What version of Intel Graphic Driver have you installed? How did you installed it?
  2. Please download Intel System Support Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- . Then run SSU system scan. Save the results and attach the file with the results to your post (use the paper clip).
  3. Did you updated bios of your notebook? If not, please do it.

Leon

SKAUS4
Beginner

My BIOS is upto date

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Your laptop is equipped with 6th generation Skylake CPU. Please download from HP site the driver version 25.20.100.6615 https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96704.exe . This is driver released by HP for you laptop running on Windows 10 1903.
  2. In this link you may find all other drivers for your laptop: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bs000-laptop-pc/15551412 . For example the HP support Assistant may help you debug your system https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe
  3. Is there any reason that your Bios is running in Legacy mode instead of UEFI mode?
  4. Disconnect the internet and from Apps and Futures uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver.
  5. Reboot your laptop and check in Device Manager, in the Graphics Adapter section that you see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter. If you still see their Intel Graphics Adapter, uninstall it fro Device Manager (check the Delete option). Then reboot your laptop.
  6. Next install the driver downloaded from HP (25.20.100.6615).
  7. Reconnect the internet and reboot your laptop.

Hope this will help

Leon

SKAUS4
Beginner

Thanks for answering but I alredy downloaded this driver from HP website, and HP support assistant cant fix the problem. I have also uninstalled display driver using DDU in safe mode and then installed old working drivers but there isnt any difference.

I checked that my BIOS is running in legacy mode, is that causing all this problem? If yes how to change it in UEFI mode?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I'm not sure that the fact that your Bios is set to legacy mode causes your problem with the display. Any way UEFI Bios mode is the right mode for Windows 10.
  2. The following tutorial will guide you how to change the Bios mode: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

Leon

SKAUS4
Beginner

Thanxx will do that but I dont think the problem is due to BIOS.

Should I roll back to previous windows version 1507? becoz this has became very irritaing , its tearing even in videoplays during fast motion scenes.

0 Kudos
SKAUS4
Beginner

Take a look at this

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I'll will not recommend downgrade Windows version.
  2. You have mentioned that you have downloaded the driver from HP site. Did you downloaded version 25.20.100.6615? This is version was released by HP for Windows 1903. You should be aware that you should not install the Intel DCH driver, as in many cases, OEM customizes laptop video driver.
  3. I would recommend to make clean installation of this driver (starting from Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter) as explained in my post above.
  4. In case that it is not working, please ask HP what are their recommendations.

Leon

0 Kudos
SKAUS4
Beginner

Yes I have this driver version (25.20.100.6615) currently installed, and dont see much improvement.

I think its some kind of bug in 1903 update, because I checked microsoft forum and there are many people who have same problem with this update.

Also there is a new feature of VRR (variable refresh rate) in this update which is a kind of alternative to G-sync on supported pcs and prevent screen tearing and stuttering.

I dont see this option in my pc so do you think its causing any bug?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I do not have the VRR option in my system and don't have any problem with the display using constant refresh rate.
  2. You won’t see the VRR option unless your system has all of the following. If any of these are missing, you will not see the toggle and the feature will not be enabled for you.
  • Windows Version 1903 or later
  • A G-SYNC, FreeSync, or Adaptive-Sync capable monitor
  • A GPU with WDDM 2.6 or above drivers, that supports G-SYNC / FreeSync / Adaptive-Sync and this new OS feature

Leon

SKAUS4
Beginner

After going through a ton of solutions and trobleshootings, only thing which worked is going to my previous windows build.

Hope the Microsoft fix all the bugs in this update soon, gonna try it later.

0 Kudos