Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

I7-7700HW - Intel HD 630 will no install

JorgenTwo
Beginner

Hi,

Recently (after years), I noticed my computer was running a bit sluggish. I checked device manager, and saw that my Intel graphics was missing, and instead I had "Windows Basic Display manger" with a warning symbol. When trying to install latest driver "30.0.100.9955" suggested by installer assistant, I get error code 1. 

Log file says file cannot be found (INF file), but when I look in the directory under graphics I can see the file. I tried copying it to windows INF directory as well on a suggestion from a forum. 

I have an MSI GS63VR 7RG, so I downloaded a driver from their website from 2017. This "installs" without reporting an error, but upgrades my Intel GPU from the basic to "Video Controller(VGA Compatible)". 

I have tried in safe mode, have tried to uninstall through device manager, have searched for manually how to remove any remnants of Intel driver but no luck. (all instructions have the intel GPU show up in device manager). 

I am really not sure what to do at this point. 

Windows update is the latest

Nvidia driver is latest

Windows update has no other updates

Bios is latest

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello JorgenTwo

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Did you try using older drivers from the Intel Downloadcenter? If you did:
  • Please list the drivers with issues.
  • Did you try installing the newer drivers on top of the older drivers?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

The recommended drivers are the ones from the manufacturer because of the customizations they include, is there a specific issue that makes you want to use the latest Intel drivers?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos