Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

IRIS Xe Graphics Crashing and freezing i5-1135g7, LivekernelEvent

Turtlebot
Beginner

Hello, 

Whenever I attempt to run any game on my laptop, the game begins to load but then either freezes permanently or crashes, the graphics card also reads a less then a second 100% spike in 3d graphics usage. In the games that freeze, if I click on a button such as a hyperlink in game it still loads the webpage as if the game is still running but the graphics just isn't updating anything.

When I went into my windows error reporting log It reads Windows Hardware Errors

with 

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

[EDIT] If I don't get this resolved soon, I might switch laptops out for one with the i7 as I don't see any people complaining about that one, so intel im still sticking around for now

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffaa0e5ecc2010
Parameter 2: fffff80166da55f0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 3d04
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 308

I have attempted to clean the disk, check for errors, reinstall windows, re install the drivers, check for driver updates, fully update all windows systems, and many other things that I cannot remember, does anyone have any idea? i've also seen a few other similar communities with this same cpu about freezing but the people who create the thread stop responding to support.

Thank you if you guys have any idea.

Iv also Linked my SSU Scan Results so that you guys know everything about the Computer

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Turtlebot,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following reports and information so we can move forward.

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: With the graphics report you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one you currently use, if applicable.

1. Can you please let us know what are the exact games that you are having issues with?
  2. Did you try to reinstall the games or apply any updates if available?
  3. Do you remember doing any changes (Hardware/ Software) before the issue started like an OS update or a driver update?
  4. Have you tested this behavior with the customized drivers from Asus’s website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Vasigaran
Beginner

Same problem...

Games are - Far Cry 2, Need For Speed Payback

I Tried reinstall two times

I Updated all of the Hardware & Software to the latest when I bought this laptop

I Updated all from Dell Update & Windows Update

0 Kudos
RobertVz
Beginner

Hello Victor, 

My company bought a brand new i7 with Iris Xe. I work all the time with Adobe Premiere Pro. But it crashes every 1 to 5 minutes i'm working on it. As you can imagine, i can't do my work. 

Please can you help my providing a solution. At the Adobe forum this problem is also mentioned. 

Kind Regards, Robert

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Turtlebot,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best regards,

Victor G. 

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Turtlebot,

We have not heard back from you.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Victor G. 

0 Kudos