Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

[ISSUE] Intel HD 2500 - All Drivers - All Windows Versions

anonf
Beginner

I know, It's EOL. I want to confirm if that's only me facing these issues.

When playing videos or basic games, Screen suddenly freezes and shows some weird stuffs and a weird sound outputting from my headphones.

- I don't have the issue with anything else, I stand for hours coding and I only get it after few minutes of playing vids or when It's fed with any graphical event like Windows 7 built in chees.

I had an old 2006 Laptop with onboard Intel gpu and it didn't have this issue when playing 1080p, lol

Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 Desktop Processor (with onboard Intel HD 2500)

What I've tried: All OEM drivers and most of Intel generic drivers until 2020 EOL version, and issue is same.

OS I tried: Clean install of licensed Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.

I only do CLEAN install and install only the graphics drivers, so there is no way it's caused by some other software.

Additional Notes:

• I don't have this problem with Linux, I intentionally let some videos play for hour and i didn't get the same issue in windows.
  • I don't like Linux.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
anonf
Beginner

I hope it adds something to what I had said.

0 Kudos
anonf
Beginner

Hello, excuse me, I didn't run the test with selecting "Everything" so I ran the test again and uploading the file.

Image taken during watching video on YT on Chrome on Windows 8.1 with nothing installed other than this problematic.

IMG-20220621-143851

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
anonf
Beginner

Have you checked my thread? I cannot yell too much because of outdated device, and I'm too interested to know what is wrong with it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hey, I am retired and a volunteer here. I get to things when I can.

So I looked at your report. There is nothing that jumps out and 'says this is the cause'.

Some thoughts:

1. The hangs (and state) you describe have my gut screaming that there is something wrong in the hardware. My experience says you may have a memory issue (remember that the graphics engine is using shared DRAM as VRAM and how it is used differs between Linux and Windows environments). I suggest that you run something like MemTest86 to test it. Alternatively, if you have any available, try replacing the DRAM.
  2. After installing Windows, the first thing you must install is the Chipset Device Software package. No other Intel driver packages should be installed until after this is installed and a reboot performed. If you didn't do this, I suggest than you, with Internet access disabled, uninstall completely the graphics driver package and then reboot. Keep repeating this until you see only the generic driver from Microsoft. Now install the Chipset Device Software package, reboot and then try installing the latest graphics driver package. Reconnect to internet and test.

Hope this helps,

...S

anonf
Beginner

Hey, I am retired and a volunteer here. I get to things when I can.

Your work is really appreciated.

I will try the mentioned tips and will update.

0 Kudos
anonf
Beginner

Unfortunately none of these tips have worked.

MemTest found no issues with RAM nor CPU.

Chipset drivers act like if they weren't installed at all.

maybe there is something wrong with those temps? this going to be my last bet...

Untitled.png

0 Kudos