Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Il m'est impossible de mettre a jour la carte Intel HD graphics 4600 incluse sur la carte mère , j'ai installé une carte graphique Nvidia GeForce GT 710

MCAUD1
Beginner

Le message d'erreur indique lors de l'installation le message suivant concernant Intel HD.. :Ce système ne possède pas la configuration minimale requise pour l'installation du logiciel.

Pourriez vous m'aider

D'avance merci.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you a laptop or desktop? What is the model number of your laptop or desktop?

What version of WIndows 10? 1909?

What is your processor model number?

If you are a desktop, and even though your processor supports intel graphics, you should check your bios to determine if yor bios allows both graphics to operate concurrently. It is often the case where you cannot.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If you install an add-in graphics card, most motherboards, by default, will disable the processor's graphics engine. If this has occurred, attempts to install the driver package will fail as you have seen. If you wish to use both the processor's graphics engine and the add-in graphics card, you need to go into the motherboard BIOS Setup facility and change the setting to always enable the processor's graphics engine. If you are only going to use the add-in graphics card, you do not need to install the driver for the processor's graphics engine.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
MCAUD1
Beginner

Hello,

I am under windows 10 professional version 1909, the problem is that after a certain time my screen goes black and that I do nothing more and I am obliged to restart the pc to be able to continue working. If it is not the graphics card that is at the origin what is it then?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

We need you to be more forthcoming with information about your system We are presuming that this is a desktop system because you talked about adding an Nvidia GeForce GT 710 graphics card. Is this actually the case? If so, please provide us with information (including part numbers where you can) regarding:

• The motherboard.
  • The processor.
  • The memory installed.
  • Other components and peripherals installe.
  • More about this add-in graphics card (i.e. is it an actual NVIDIA product or is it another manufacturer's product).
  • How the monitor(s) are connected to the system (including cable information).

Be complete and answer *all* of these requests.

...S

0 Kudos
MCAUD1
Beginner

Bonjour,

Veuillez trouver ci-dessous la liste complète installé sur mon ordinateur de bureau.

Merci pour votre aide

MSI MS-7816

BIOS

Version

V2.5

Date

23/09/2013

Cartes mères

Fabricant

MSI

Modèle

H87-G43 (MS-7816)

Version

Système d'exploitation

Édition

Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel (64 bits)

Version (« Build»)

1909 (10.0.18363)

Périphériques et pilotes

Processeur

Intel® Core™ i3-4330 CPU @ 3.50GHz

Graphiques

NVIDIA GeForce GT 710

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Son

Realtek High Definition Audio

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Réseau et E/S

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

D-Link DGE-528T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Mémoire vive

16 GB

Stockage

SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Device

Generic- SM/xD-Picture USB Device

Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device

Generic- SM/xD-Picture USB Device

Generic- Compact Flash USB Device

Generic- SD/MMC USB Device

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Generic- Compact Flash USB Device

Generic- SD/MMC USB Device

ST2000DM008-2FR102

WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0

Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That still didn't tell me what I wanted to know. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and then (using the paperclip icon below) upload the report file produced.

...S

0 Kudos
MCAUD1
Beginner

Bonjour,

Ci-joint le rapport

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So, first of all, this hang is a common problem. When is happening is the system is going to sleep but, when it awakens, the monitor is not being (successfully) awoken. This results in this "black screen hang".

The log is telling me that you have Intel Graphics driver 20.19.15.5063 installed, but the intel HD Graphics 4600 engine is disabled. This is what happens when you were actively using the intel HD Graphics engine but then install an add-in graphics card - in this case the NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.

My question at this point is: Was this NVIDIA card inserted into the system just to see if you could get around this hanging issue and you plan to remove it?

• If, on the other hand, you plan to leave this card in the system, then I suggest that you go into Settings | Apps | Apps & Features scene, find the entry for the Intel Graphics Driver and uninstall it. After rebooting, test to see if the hang issue remains.

If, regardless of the approach you take, the hang issue remains, the simplest thing that you can do is disable Monitor Sleep. This is done in the Settings | System | Power & Sleep scene; change the Screen setting to Never.

If this change doesn't alleviate the issue, try disabling Sleep completely (i.e. change the Sleep setting to Never) and see if this eliminates the issue. If it does, then you know that the issue is (still) in the latest driver package for whichever graphics engine you are using. If you are using the Intel HD Graphics engine, there is a possibility that an updated BIOS could fix this (if one is actually available; the MSI site doesn't make this easy to check).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos