Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Insane fps drop, crashes in valorant in 27.20.100.8587+ drivers

Hitontwo2
Beginner

Hello Intel,

there is some kind of bug in 27.20.100.8587+ drivers. it's causing insane fps drops while moving, using abilities, using guns, etc. I actually fixed the problem by installing a driver below 27.20.100.8587 but it cause some glitches in other games. Please fix the problem

Here are my laptop specs
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7807?b=1

Intel Pentium 4415U 
4x2 GB ram
An HDD with 1 TB storage

Intel HD graphics 610

0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello @Hitontwo2

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. You followed the correct steps as mentioned on article:

Intel has been unable to replicate this issue on multiple systems using different processors and integrated graphics and our latest generic DCH drivers. This issue is being discussed on this Community thread:

Please join the conversation there, any relevant update will be posted there (if available). Let us know if there is something else we can help with or we will close this thread.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Harryincorrect
New Contributor I

This driver might help: 30.0.100.9805

0 Kudos
Hitontwo2
Beginner

Hello Harryincorrect,

I tried the driver you gave and valorant isn't starting and still fps drop

0 Kudos
Harryincorrect
New Contributor I

Hmm that's weird. It should've worked. Say, did you install a new win 11 update? If so, uninstall the update and try again. Also, install the game one more time by uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, try using programs like Ccleaner and Malwarebytes if you want. I cannot guarantee that these programs are virus free, so in case you install them, make sure you run them through a good and powerful antivirus. Along with scanning these programs, you could also do a full storage virus check.  You could also run a SFC scan to make sure that there are no corrupt system files. Also, you might be running out on a bunch of updates, so make sure to install them through the update settings in windows itself. Question, was the game running fine before all these driver updates? 

0 Kudos
Hitontwo2
Beginner

Hello Harryincorrect,

I'm on Windows 10 and up to date, I actually tried CCleaner and Malwarebytes.CCleaner removed some junk files and Malwarebytes scan shows no threats found. I already reinstalled the game like 4-5 times. sfc/scannow shows windows cannot find any corrupted files. Actually, I played the game first with the latest driver and it was lagging and valorant was crashing, It was giving a message Memory dump error something. But lag fixed by rollbacking to 27.20.100.8476 driver.

0 Kudos
Harryincorrect
New Contributor I

Oh, that's great. I expect the issue to be fixed now? Considering you are using windows 10, the driver 27.20.100.8476 should be compatible with your os. This post here gives a bit of information on the intel driver error. Intel . Using the driver that I said in my previous post worked for me in Valorant, but it was on win 11. The issue that you are having rn must be because of undeveloped drivers. The old drivers don't have fixes to new games like the old ones. So in a way, unless the driver technical team isn't informed about this issue, there's not much about it. Sorry for not being helpful. 

0 Kudos
Hitontwo2
Beginner
Oh thanks for support,i think they may fix this
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
Hitontwo2
Beginner
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G  

0 Kudos