Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Install Fail Intel ARC 31.0.101.5445 WHQL

WCH1
Beginner

So far, nothing works to get the driver to install.

Below is a recap of things I've tried.

Anyone else have an idea of how to make the driver install?

1. Successful driver download.

2. Running the exe triggers extraction as expected. Driver flashes install screen briefly, then disappears.

3. Verified that driver did not install.

4. Verified that previous driver version still works fine, so in spite of 5445 install fail, it did not trash the existing driver.

Repeated in Safe Mode - same behavior (step 2).

Repeated install as administration - same behavior (step 2).

Repeated install using compatibility mode - same behavior (step 2).

Used DDU, confirmed no ARC drivers installed. Repeated install process - same behavior (step 2.

Downloaded fresh driver and ran the exe. Same behavior (step 1 and step 2).

Had an older driver handy, so I ran the ran the exe - success. ARC a750 runs older driver just fine.

Update: Installed latest Motherboard BIOS for the ASUS Z690-P WiFi - same behavior (step 2).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
m99028m
Beginner

I've been having the same issue since the driver was released on 4/24.  I've also tried the same troubleshooting steps that WCH1 has.

0 Kudos
RyanFeeko
New Contributor I

have you guys try to perform DDU and clean install.

Maybe can check this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

0 Kudos
WCH1
Beginner

DDU run per Guru 3-D instructions. Install still failed.

0 Kudos
m99028m
Beginner

Yes, have performed DDU a few times to no avail.

0 Kudos
WCH1
Beginner

Another Update: Did a fresh install of Windows 11. Driver downloaded and installed successfully.

Windows 11 is one of the more stable MS Operating Systems (since DOS 3), however, Windows 11 is still somewhat fragile, apparently.

0 Kudos