Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Installed latest Intel graphics command center but no Quick Sync

PenPusher
Beginner

I have tried all the posted driver versions and redownloaded Command centre from MS.

But still no Quick Sync i.e. no hardware acceleration in Adobe premier and OBS.

Command Centre doesn't see igpu!!

System Spec

Windows 11 Pro Ver 21H2 (Build No. 22000.348)

Asus Z690

Intel i7 12700K

Nvidia GTX1080

Attached install gcc log with a ton of errors

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

PenPusher, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase the Intel® Core™ i7-12700K processor?

Did you build it?

Were you able to use Quick Sync/hardware acceleration on this same machine before?

Was the Intel® Graphics Command Center detecting the iGPU previously?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PenPusher
Beginner

Hi Albert,

This is a self build upgrade to my previous machine. Only for home/gaming use.

New motherboard, Processor, Ram. built on 15th November 2021, all other components were from old build.

So I had a working fully updated Windows 10 pro installed on a M.2 drive from the old m/c, this was installed in the new m/c and allowed to update all the drivers.

Then I tested/checked all the hardware for any problems in Windows 10, all worked ok including Intel command center and Quicksync.

Internal iGPU was correctly identified by Command center.

The Intel command center igfx_win_101.1069.exe (Drivers and App) was installed from Intel's download site, and installed in Windows 10.

No Intel command center app was used from Microsoft store!

Checked Adobe/OBS and VLC media player, all hardware acceleration worked fine.

I then proceeded to upgrade Windows 10 to 11 via update tool on Microsoft's web site.

After the upgrade I then checked all the software i.e. Adobe to find Quicksync turned off and Intel command center app was broken/missing from installed programs and start menu.

Re run Intel command center installer igfx_win_101.1069.exe, thinking this would overlay the previous install, but this only offered to uninstall the application and drivers!

So I proceeded with the only option, uninstall/reinstall, still no Command center app. So looking for answers to my conundrum, I down loaded latest Beta version igfx_win_101.1121.exe. But still no app. All this did was to update drivers.

Only available Command center app was from M/S store, so installed this, still no joy.

I then plugged my monitor into the igpu display port and re run all uninstall/install routines again, no Command center only drivers.

Haven't run DDU yet to purge the Intel drivers and application, will only do that as last resort!

Please let me know if you require any more diagnostic/tests etc.

Only other problem I found, latest GNA drivers (Intel_GNA_Driver_V2.1.0.1177_WIN10_WIN11_64-bit)  from Asus and Intel sites.

Windows 11 reported these as unsigned drivers and would not work, previous Drivers (gna_02.00.00.1097_2.0.0.1097_0xd129a21f)

worked ok.

Asus technical support confirmed my problem and advised me to stick with old version for now.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PenPusher, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the SSU document, the graphics driver version currently installed in your system is 30.0.101.1069, which is a driver provided by Intel®. 

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the board, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in ASUS's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is 30.0.100.9777, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4/HelpDesk_Download/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

We also advise to get in contact directly with ASUS support to verify with them that the latest BIOS version is currently installed or to gather the instructions on how to do that.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PenPusher
Beginner

I have the latest M/B bios installed already 0707

Uninstalled driver version 30.0.101.1069, Installed Driver from Asus M/B support 30.0.100.9777

Reinstalled Command center.

Still no hardware acceleration.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

PenPusher, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

We will now do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PenPusher
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I ran DDU to uninstall/clear and reset all Intel graphics settings using safe mode (disconnected from internet) and reinstalled version from Asus support website (Intel_Graphics_Driver_V30.0.100.9777_Windows_10_64-bit) and allowed Windows 11 to install the graphics command center.

Still in the same position as in post 1, have attached latest logs.

I have also clean installed the Nvidia drivers... twice just in case they were the problem.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PenPusher, Thank you very much for providing those details and the logs.

While we are still working on this case, we just wanted to confirm:

You mention that "allowed Windows 11 to install the graphics command center", so, just to make sure, you were able to install the Intel® Graphics Command Center but still no hardware acceleration in Adobe premier and OBS? Or you are not able to install the Intel® Graphics Command Center at all? Please provide a detailed description.

Also, please provide step by step the directions that you followed in order to see this issue since we may need to try to reproduce this problem in our Intel® lab.

By any chance, did you check directly with Adobe support about this scenario? Just to confirm the compatibility and the instructions to use the features in Windows* 11: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PenPusher
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Intel® Graphics Command Center app, can only be installed through Windows 11 app store, there's no way to install it by any other means... that I know of.

While the computer was using Windows 10, the complete installation was done using Intel® Graphics Command Center+drivers package, so no need to get Command center app via Windows store. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 11.

Other things I have tried...

DDU all Graphics drivers.. Nvidia and Intel in safe mode and disconnected from internet. Followed by reinstalling both Intel and Nvidia drivers (can't install command center without any internet connection)(Don't even know how you could install it if you had a stand alone Computer!!!)

Installed Nvidia Studio drivers, supposed to work but didn't!

Install Intel® Graphics Command Center+drivers with the monitor plugged into iGPU port (Display port) on motherboard. No change.

OBS/Adobe premier elements will pickup/enable hardware acceleration automatically if all the conditions have been met, as was the case with Windows 10.

I do have an image of Windows 10 before I upgraded to Windows 11, but will use it as a last resort.

I have not tried a clean install of Windows 11 yet!

I do have a spare M.2 drive I could use.

So to summarise, Hardware platform Asus Tuff gaming Z690 plus wifi D4 + Intel i12700k + EVGA Nvidia GTX1080sc was all working fine until I upgraded to Windows 11.

Sorry my bad "Command Centre doesn't see iGPU!!" clearly wrong on my part:( Should have clarified this bit.

This is just about no hardware acceleration available under Windows 11.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

PenPusher, Thank you very much for clarifying those details.

Perfect, we understood that everything was working fine on Windows* 10. But let's focus on the configuration currently being used.

So, one thing is the Intel® Graphics Comand Center application and the other is the graphics drivers. If we comprehended correctly: "Intel® Graphics Command Center app, can only be installed through Windows 11 app store, there's no way to install it by any other means... that I know of.", then, you are able to install the graphics drivers but cannot install the Intel® Graphics Comand Center application, is that correct?

You mentioned, "Command Centre doesn't see iGPU!!" This is just about no hardware acceleration available under Windows 11." Yet, on the picture, you provided we can see that the Intel® Graphics Command Center is correctly installed and that it does properly recognize the iGPU. Could you please clarify all these details in order for us to be able to better assist you? Please be as clear as you can. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PenPusher
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

PenPusher, Thank you very much for clarifying those details.

Perfect, we understood that everything was working fine on Windows* 10. But let's focus on the configuration currently being used.  

yes

So, one thing is the Intel® Graphics Comand Center application and the other is the graphics drivers. If we comprehended correctly: "Intel® Graphics Command Center app, can only be installed through Windows 11 app store, there's no way to install it by any other means... that I know of.", then, you are able to install the graphics drivers but cannot install the Intel® Graphics Command Center application, is that correct?

Because I can't install Command center at the same time, I don't know if this could be the problem. Which is broken app or drivers? I can't test this scenario.

You mentioned, "Command Centre doesn't see iGPU!!"

Sorry it was my error in saying the above... (hangs head in shame)

Could you please clarify all these details in order for us to be able to better assist you? Please be as clear as you can. Thank you very much.

Just hardware acceleration is broken after upgrade to Windows 11. This upgrade removed (the working!) Command center from installed apps!

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

PenPusher, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

We will continue with our research on this matter, but before we can do that, we just wanted to confirm, by any chance, did you check directly with Adobe support about this scenario? Just to confirm the compatibility and the instructions to use the features in Windows* 11: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html

Please provide step by step the directions that you followed in order to see this issue since we may need to try to reproduce this problem in our Intel® lab.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
PenPusher
Beginner

Hi Albert

I made sure I used a fully updated Windows 10 pro on Asus H270 Prime Pro + installed igfx_win_101.1069.exe (Drivers and App), all working ok.

OBS/Adobe Hardware renderer working ok.

Upgraded mother board from Asus H270 Prime Pro to Asus Tuff Gamer Z690-WiFi-D4, installed all drivers for Z690 and removed old redundant drivers used with H270 from Device manager.

Checked Windows 10 pro on new motherboard, still using igfx_win_101.1069.exe, OBS/Adobe hardware renderer working ok.

Upgraded to Windows 11, this has now knocked out!! (working) Intel Command center App and now no OBS/Adobe Hardware renderer.

igfx_win_101.1069.exe drivers appear in Device manager as working.

Also ran sfc /scannow to check for any errors, none found.

Note:  Did check Adobe site for any clues but not relevant as the hardware/software was checked ok before upgrading to Windows 11.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi PenPusher, Thank you for sharing those details.

"Did check Adobe site for any clues but not relevant as the hardware/software was checked ok before upgrading to Windows 11.", actually, that will be the most important thing in this case. Windows* 10 and Windows* 11 are two complete and totally different scenarios. The fact that it worked on Windows* 10 does not necessarily indicate that it will work on Windows* 11. 

So, the next thing to do will be to get in contact with Adobe, since they are the manufacturers of the application, or with the manufacturer of any application that you might be using, to confirm if it works and if it is fully compatible with Windows* 11. Also to, to report this scenario, to verify if they can reproduce the issue, if there is a fix for it, and if they have further recommendations on this matter to try to fix this problem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos