Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Integrated graphics

Christopher03
Beginner

Does anyone know how to fix this problem I have? I've identified it to be a problem with the Intel UHD graphics 630. While in chrome or anything that uses the integrated GPU my monitor glitches around, while in games for example my monitor works fine when it's using my discrete GPU. I tried just disabling the integrated GPU but I ran into a few problems, for example, I couldn't put my laptop into sleep mode or when I entered into a game my frames for some reason were at 20 instead of the normal 144+.  My laptop also started crashing from time to time since the bugging happened, like while making this post my screen froze and it looked weird. You can check the attached video and picture if you want. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

For a laptop with dual graphics, use BOTH drivers that are available from the laptop manufacturer to determine if the problem is still there.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Christopher03
Beginner

Both drivers are enabled right now, but when I'm doing light tasks it's using my integrated and that's when the glitching happens. Any idea on how to fix that or is it just something ill have to live with?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, I said both drivers from the laptop manufacture. 

Confirm that you have them both installed.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos