Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Intel 11th Gen Graphics 4K HDR video playback glitches (white dots)

CarlToribio
Novice

I am encountering graphical glitches when playing back 4K HDR video in standard media players as well as Netflix in Microsoft Edge with HEVC. The glitches come in the form of white dots that appear randomly throughout the video.

I have encountered this on both an 11400 and 11700 CPU, using the Windows Update default drivers and the latest 100.9684 drivers on both Windows 10 and 11. I have ruled out the mobo, as I have tested on 2 different B560 board models and brands as well (MSI and ASUS). I will upload a screenshot to showcase this. Any thoughts on this?

0 Kudos
34 Replies
CarlToribio
Novice
Hi Deivid,

Thanks for the reply. Could you confirm or screenshot the Processor and UHD7x0 graphics used for this test? Also, was this the Netflix App or Edge? If the app, id suggest retesting in Microsoft Edge with HEVC extension from Microsoft Store installed, as that is what I'm using. I will test on the Witcher as well and let you know.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CarlToribio, 

I will gather the information requested and try any test if needed, also, I will be waiting for the results of your test. 

As soon as I have the information requested I will let you know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello CarlToribio, 

I would like to let you know that we used a 11700K using both the Netflix app and also Edge and Chrome browsers. Also, bear in mind that since we do not have a reproducible case we won't be able to address this any further, thus we are leaving the thread open for other users to chime in and let us know their configuration.

This issue seems to be happening in a very specific hardware configuration (based on the tests), and as we were unable to reproduce it on our test lab, thus we don't have enough data to proceed yet. I also recommend you to check with the manufacturer of the motherboards and ask if they have any reports or steps for this behavior

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ColinMcnulty
Novice
I am having the same issues when using the Netflix App on an 11600k HTPC utilising the IGPU connected to a 65 inch HDR 10+ 4K UHD Samsung TV, small white and sometimes blue and red dots all over the screen. Doesn’t happen with YouTube 4K content or any of the other major streaming services. Also if I use the Smart TV app it doesn’t happen.
CarlToribio
Novice

Hi Deivid A,

I was able to replicate the issue on another TV, an older LG 1080p non HDR display. also on Netflix. Uninstalling HEVC Video extensions resolved the issue, so this issue seems to be with HEVC decoding specifically.

ColinMcnulty
Novice
I’ll give that a go when I get home, does it still allow you to watch HDR 4K etc, without the extensions?
0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

How did you uninstall the HEVC video extension? Can you give me a quick rundown on how to do it?

0 Kudos
CarlToribio
Novice

@The_Dark_Matter wrote:

How did you uninstall the HEVC video extension? Can you give me a quick rundown on how to do it?

You can find it in either the Microsoft Store or the Windows Apps menu in Win10/11.

0 Kudos
ColinMcnulty
Novice
I’ve uninstalled the HEVC codec, and it removes the issue, but prevents 4K / HDR content and only allows me to watch HD (predictably) is there an alternate codec to try?
0 Kudos
CarlToribio
Novice

For Non-Netflix files, you can try using MPV https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/ , but unfortunately, Netflix only allows 4K and HDR in Microsoft Edge browser and the Windows Netflix App to work with HEVC 😞

0 Kudos
The_Dark_Matter

Same thing happens to me when watching HEVC. I'm not using netflix on my PC so can't comment on it. But I've started a thread regarding the issue as well. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Artifacts-on-Intel-UHD-730-when-watching-videos/m-p/1328903#M102752

RonaldM_Intel

Hello @CarlToribio ,

After successfully reproducing this issue in our lab we have filed bug ID 14015516075 with our driver development team.

Keep an eye for our latest drivers on downloadcenter and check the driver's Release Notes because once a fix is available it should be noted there.

We'll also use the following thread to post news and updates as they become available.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

CarlToribio
Novice
0 Kudos
RamanBhadu
Beginner

hello brother did you able to play 4k hdr movie downloaded in your pc 

0 Kudos