Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel 620 graphics card does not work, the laptop screen, does not accept resolution,

HVela1
Beginner

Intel 620 graphics card does not work, the laptop screen, does not accept resolution, disables and works the generic Windows card, I have updated drivers and nothing, my laptop is a dell inspiron 1567, Core i7 of 7th Gen. RADEON graphics card that comes in this model, I'm disappointed.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
HVela1
Beginner

Thanks for your help, waiting assist

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello HVela1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

In order to have details about your inquiry please provide us with the following information:

1. When did the issue start? After any Windows* update? Any new driver installation?
  2. Which graphics driver versions have you tried installing?
  3. Since you mentioned that you have also Radeon* Graphics, I would like to know if your computer supports hybrid graphics?

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
HVela1
Beginner

Hello, thanks for your answer.

1) I imagine it was after an update

2) Intel Corporation , date controlador: 18/11/2018, Version: 25.20100.6374 (Intel(R) HD Graphics 620.

3) I do not know if it supports hybrid graphics.

I attach the file of especs.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello HVela1,

My recommendation would be to try installing the latest graphics driver provided by your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) following these steps:

1. Download the latest driver version of Intel® HD Graphics (https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/drivers). You can sort it by Category: Video. Which I see that was released on May 10, 2019.
  2. Open Device Manager, by doing right-click on the Windows* start icon.
  3. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel® HD Graphics 620 device and click Uninstall.
  4. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, check the box for "Delete the driver software for this device" option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
  5. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto-connect when reboot. Restart your system.
  6. Open Device Manager
  7. Expand the Display adapters section.
  8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter").
  9. Run the executable driver that we downloaded in step 1.

I also noticed on the OEM website that there are some other updates that say "Urgent", such as the BIOS version, and were released a few time ago, so I would recommend you to check with the OEM if those updates are necessary to fix the issue.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello HVela1

Have you been able to complete the updates for the system?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello HVela1,

I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos