Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel ARC A750 low performance/GPU usage with Ryzen 3600

AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Hey! 

I've just bought an ARC A750 and I noticed I'm getting very low performance in some games (and also a LOT of stuttering).

PC Specs:

Driver version: 4146

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M-DS3H
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 32GB 3200MHz (8GBx4)

Storage: 2x NVMe SSD (Adata Falcon and WD Blue SN550)

PSU: EVGA 700W

Graphics: ASRock A750 Challenger OC

---The problem----
I tried the following games:

Sons of The Forest: getting around 20 FPS at 1080P (from low to ultra, same FPS) and around 40-75% GPU usage 

The Witcher 3 2022: getting around 50 FPS at 1080P (high settings, DX12 mode) and, again, around 45-75% GPU usage and LOTS of stutters -- This one is curious, when I enable ray tracing and ultra settings I get less stutters and about the same performance, with GPU usage hovering around 90%.

War Thunder: getting around 90 FPS at 1080P (Movie settings + SSAA 4X) and GPU usage around 80-100%, but constant stutters to around 40 FPS

ARK Survival Evolved: getting around 65 FPS at 1080P (Epic settings) and around 50-80% GPU usage. Some stuttering too

Like, every single game I tried I'm getting weird GPU usage and stutters, is that normal? 

I also tried overclocking the crap out of the 3600 to 4.55GHz, won't improve a lot...

Also, "Alto" means "High".

Attached are my performance results and my system config.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

We appreciate that you have shared your findings in the thread. This may help other community members.

Thanks for the feedback provided about our supported list. We have shared the information given. We will pass the information on to the corresponding team in charge. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AjrAlves
New Contributor II
Do anyone know what's happening?
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Does the issue occur on other graphics drivers?
  • What are the games distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?
  • Do the issues improve by lowering the graphics settings?
  • Provide us with a video showing the issue behavior, as well as the game settings you use.
  • We would like to gather more information about your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue, so please, provide us with a report using the following programs:
    •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU):
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save." 

• Tried creating the Intel® Graphics Command Center report following these steps:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

It is important to mention that to void confusion, we advise creating a new thread regarding this issue so we have one thread per issue.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Hey!

Sorry for the delayed response.

Well, I can't give you that data anymore because I changed my processor, but hear me out, there's a reason why I changed the processor and I think you should remove Zen 2 CPUs from the supported list:

I tested with ReBar off, and i've noticed something VERY weird: My performance improved, on all of these games, and, most important, the stutters were mostly gone. But as Intel ARC GPUs perform better with ReBar ON, I indeed was underperforming comparing to other systems with ARC A750 graphics (looking from videos online).

Then I bought a second hand Ryzen 5600 to do some more digging, and my performance was, all of the sudden, much better, basically the same as in the reviews, and with the 5600 if I DISABLE ReBar, I lose performance, unlike with the 3600 that with ReBar OFF it improved its performance.

@Jean_Intel  I know you probably need more data to report to your graphics development team, and I'm happy to provide it to you (I just don't have the 3600 anymore), but now I'm almost 100% sure it's something to do with poor ReBar implementation within Ryzen 3000 CPUs by AMD, I've had a Radeon 5600XT, a RX 6500XT and an RTX 3050 with the Ryzen 3600 before and they all also got worse performance with ReBar enabled. I'm sure if you guys do more testing with Ryzen 3000 CPUs combined with 500 series Motherboards you'll be able to replicate my (and a lot of people's) problem. I really think you should remove Zen 2 from the supported CPU list.

Would be perfect if you're able to report this directly to who makes this testings and drivers instead of giving me the usual customer service bureaucracy, I'm not with this problem anymore because I have changed my processor, but i'm willing to help the comunity as a whole!

Razxtx
Beginner

I agree with this. I thank you for bringing this up!! The biggest issue here is that Intel should be testing more on the 3000/4000 series CPUs.   With Rebar enabled, the game Control, ray tracing is horrifically stuttery with low frame rate (mid 20s at best).   I just so happened to decide to disable rebar in bios and Control was then buttery smooth with ray tracing high.   I can certainly say that the majority of tests that I completed were slower but only marginally however much more usable with rebar off.

PROCESSOR

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

GRAPHICS

Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics

MEMORY

32 GB

MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
ASRock
Model
AB350 Gaming K4

0 Kudos
CaptainBennet
Beginner

Almost the same setup and my FPS are insane low, even with ReBar on 😑

AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Hey, @CaptainBennet , in my answer to @Jean_Intel  comment, you can see I did some digging around this and I'm almost sure Zen 2 CPUs (Ryzen 3000 non-G and Ryzen 4000) have poor ReBar support, as with my testing I got WORSE performance with ReBar on.
Problem is that, although you'll get more stable performance disabling ReBar with your Ryzen 3600, you'll also not use near the full potential of your ARC GPU, as it will lose around 30% performance with ReBar off (compared to it's full potential).

I would recommend disabling ReBar and, if possible, flipping a 5600 or better, even a used one (now they're pretty cheap anyways). That's what I did, and I got much better performance indeed.

Also, you can improve things a little by converting everything non-DX12 and non-Vulkan with DXVK, this did wonders for me:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/DXVK

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Up

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

We appreciate that you have shared your findings in the thread. This may help other community members.

Thanks for the feedback provided about our supported list. We have shared the information given. We will pass the information on to the corresponding team in charge. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AjrAlves,

Before closing the case, we would want to post one last time informing you that we are working hard to get driver optimizations for a lot of games and the ones he mentions are no exception:

• Witcher 3 = Bug ID 14017351454
  • Sons of the Forest = Bug ID 14018764429
  • War Thunder = Bug ID 14018764429

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos