Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20924 Discussions

Intel Arc iGPU 100% 3D

olidoc
Beginner

Hello,

I'd rather like to know. I bought a new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad E14 G6 with Intel 155H and Intel Arc), according to reviews it should handle at least at 30 FPS newer games. But when I turn on, for example, Counter Strike 2 the 3D jumps to 100% and stays there for the whole game. I have the game on minimum details and it plays fine, but I don't like that the graphics are experiencing such a strain.

Could someone help me out? I have the current drivers (31.0.101.5593 from Intel) and it was happening with the previous driver version as well. I did a clean install of the OS, so this is the only driver that is in the laptop.

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello olidoc,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For us to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. When you play Counter Strike 2, what is the FPS of the game?
  2. When you are playing games, are you on battery mode of the laptop or is it plugged in the power outlet?
  3. Can you share the screenshot of your Power scheme? Go to Control Panel --> Power Options. The power scheme would include: Balanced, Power saver, High Performance or Ultimate Performance. 

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

olidoc
Beginner

Hey, Mike,

thanks for the quick response.
Unfortunately, due to a clean install of Windows 11, I haven't downloaded CS 2 yet, but I have Civilization VI and Marvel's Spider-man: Remastered installed, so I gave them a try.

1) Civilization runs at +- 60 FPS, and Spider-Man at like 30 FPS (unfortunately I don't have more accurate data for it, more my feeling), attached are screenshots of the games and how the GPU is being used.
2) I tried both games while charging my laptop.
3) In the attachment I send you a screen that the Power Scheme is set to Balanced.

Thanks and take care,
Milan

0 Kudos
olidoc
Beginner

Hey, Mike,

thanks for the quick response.
Unfortunately, due to a clean install of Windows 11, I haven't downloaded CS 2 yet, but I have Civilization VI and Marvel's Spider-man: Remastered installed, so I gave them a try.

1) Civilization runs at +- 60 FPS, and Spider-Man at like 30 FPS (unfortunately I don't have more accurate data for it, more my feeling), attached are screenshots of the games and how the GPU is being used.
2) I tried both games while charging my laptop.
3) In the attachment I send you a screen that the Power Scheme is set to Balanced.

Thanks and take care,
Milan

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello olidoc,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Base on the data that you provided, this may be the normal performance of an onboard Graphics. Let me ask more information about this issue.

1. What is the driver version installed?
  2. Will there be an improvement in the performance if you change the power scheme? Have you tried to test it?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
olidoc
Beginner
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll look into it right away, but I'm on vacation until 10.7 and can't get to my laptop.
Therefore I report that this problem will not be resolved by 10.7. And I would ask that you wait until I am back at my computer.

Wishing you a nice day
Milan
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello olidoc,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Thank you for letting us know. I will just wait for your next update.

Have a safe vacation.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos