Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Atom x5/x7 Z8000 - HD Graphics - Windows 10 17763 and 18362+ DCH

NeoBeum
Beginner

I just wanted to create awareness for the Intel Engineers​ creating graphics drivers, and ask them not to neglect or forget the Atom x5/x7 Z8000 family at least for 2019.

I have reviewed all the current updates for graphics, and none support the x5/x7 Z8000 family.

The reason being that there are devices still available to purchase in Retail that carry this chip. For example, I have an ASUS T103HAF which is still in its original warranty period and will still be for a projected on-time Windows 10 19H2 release.

However, coming from a stable build 1803​, the latest updates for Windows, 1809 and 1903 have caused several issues, such as:

• Multiple 'Phantom' displays, on Microsoft Basic Renderer. 5 displays.
  • Graphics Control Panel UI not installed correctly and not in Windows Control Panel or ​Tray.
  • SoC Drivers causing erratic touch display issues. (I believe ​this is related to Intel Serial IO and ASUS)

Example behaviour: ​https://youtube.com/watch?v=u0KiHB3HuEs

The SoC driver available from ASUS has not been updated since 2016.

​I feel that if devices are currently available to purchase on the market, that there should be some level of support to ensure that products can run reasonably, especially if still covered by manufacturers warranty.

If nothing is updated by Intel, ODM such as ASUS will have nothing to update and release for the customer.

Thank you.​

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

DCH is only available for 6th gen processors and later. You have to draw the line somewhere. As far as ASUS not updating since 2016, sounds to me like you should lecture them.

Doc

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello NeoBeum, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I have forwarded your feedback to the developer team so they can keep that in mind. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this information. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Looks like Intel just forgot to add your SoC to the search function in the download centre.

Try driver version: 15.40.42.5063 (Latest) Date: 3/19/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

OS support

On Braswell/Cherry Trail family processors:

• Windows 10, 64-bit
  • Windows 8.1, 64-bit
  • Windows 7, 64-bit

0 Kudos