Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

Intel Celeron G1610, can't install Graphics driver on Win10

GLenz
Beginner

same issue

Intel Celeron G1610, tried the workaround for "Microsoft standard display adapter", but got error.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Thanks for responding. Could you provide a screenshot of the iDSA page showing what driver you have and what driver it's offering to upgrade you to?

G1610

0 Kudos
GLenz
Beginner

Sorry, cannot provide screens atm due to summer holidays, I'll get it asap.

IDSA shows "Microsoft Standard display adapter" and obviously it didn't suggest any update.

PC was an assembled one.

After a clean Windows 10 installation, the driver for display adapter was "Microsoft Standard display adapter".

After a complete windows update, no driver was updated so it still was "Microsoft Standard display adapter".

So I downloaded latest driver graphic driver for Intel G1610, Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33], both ZIP and EXE.

both ZIP and EXE files gave me the same message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

Updating driver manually trying the .inf file directly by accessing devices->Microsoft Standard display adapter->update driver->etc.. went no good either.

I tried older drivers with no results.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

I see the problem. If you check the compatibility chart, it shows there's an exception if your system is supported.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006105/processors.html Does My Intel® Processor Support Microsoft Windows® 10?

Is this the driver you tried? If this doesn't work, your system may not be compatible.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33] - Win10 Fall Creators

0 Kudos
GLenz
Beginner

I checked links you provided for Intel Celeron G1610

First link shows this: Ivy Bridge, 32 bit no, 64bit yes. That's ok, on the machine, windows is 64 bit.

Second link: the readme.pdf shows "support for Win10 Fall Creators".

Could it be it doesnt support April 2018 update?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

That is possible since this is an older driver created before April 2018 update it does not have the proper ID's for it to install on that version of Windows. If you run in Compatibility mode under Windows 7, does that affect it? If not, you may be stuck with the driver that's on the system currently, or you'd have to flash back the OS to align compatibility with what the driver was intended for and halt updates from there.

0 Kudos