Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Intel® Core™ i5-11400H GPU wont display 2k 120/144hz

Hristijan
Novice

Hello,

I have business laptop from Lenovo, ThinkPad P15v Gen2 Intel Core i5 11400H and I also have this monitor:
https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/TUF-Gaming/TUF-Gaming-VG27AQ/.

Now my problem is that I am not able to display 2k 120/144hz it only goes to 2k 60hz. My HDMI is good because I tried on my personal Macbook Air M1 and it displays 2k 144hz. I tried to search the internet to find if intel GPU supports 2k 120/144hz but I only found the max resolution which is 4k 60hz.

I am asking this question because its quite unbelievable that such an expensive laptop in 2022 can't output 2k 144hz resolution.

Please can someone clarify if the laptop lacks support or is there a way I can use my NVIDIA on board graphics to display from HDMI (I don't know if this is possible).

Thank You.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hristijan,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics for 11th Gen Intel® Processors.   

Bear in mind that the manufacturer of the laptop can limit the performance and the features of their components, so I recommend you to check with Lenovo to confirm if the laptop can display 2k at 120/144hz. However, in order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Just to confirm, have you tried with a Display Port?

2. To confirm, have you installed the latest BIOS and drivers from Lenovo?

3. Is this issue present also with the latest Intel drivers?

4. Are you using adapters or straight connections?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Hristijan
Novice

Hello, 

Thank you for answering.

1. Only HDMI port available on my laptop, so I haven't tried with Display Port

2. I have the latest updates from Lenovo

3. Yes it is from the drivers of Lenovo

4. No adapters, straight 2.0 HDMI cable

I also checked the specs, my laptop and monitor both have 2.0 HDMI adapter.

Can you confirm if Intel® UHD Graphics for 11th Gen Intel® supports 2k 120/144hz?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hristijan,

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like to let you know that with the right configuration and compatibility the Intel® UHD Graphics for 11th Gen Intel® Processors can display 2K at 120/144hz.

Before we continue further, please confirm the following:

1. As a test try a clean installation of the Intel drivers:

2. Do you have the HDR option enabled? If so, test with this option disabled.

3. When you say 2K, do you mean 2560x1440 or 2048x1080? Can you mention the exact resolution?

4. Check with Lenovo to confirm if there are any kind of limitations with the ports. Bear in mind that the manufacturers can limit, add, or block options and features on their devices.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Hristijan
Novice

Hello,

Changing my Lenovo drivers with Intel solved the issue. 

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Hristijan

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Hristijan, 

I am glad to know that the issue was fixed by performing a clean installation of the Intel drivers. I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new thread in case you need further support or if you encounter any issues with Intel products.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos