Graphics
IntelĀ® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel Core i5-9600K - Triple monitor with AsRock Z390M-ITX

MRusa1
Beginner

I want to buy ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z390M-ITXac/index.asp#Specification

with Intel Core i5-9600K  and connect 3 extended monitors using only iGPU of Core i5-9600K => IntelĀ® UHD Graphics 630.

According to ASRock website Z390M-ITX/ac supports 3-Monitors setup,

but it has only 2 x HDMI and 1 x DisplayPort.

But according to Intel docs,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025673/graphics.html

it's possible to use only DP-DP-HDMI combination.

Is it correct or not? Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What that table is calling "built-in display" is actually a DisplayPort connection, so it is a supported combination.

...S

0 Kudos
MRusa1
Beginner

Hello.

Thank you for a reply.

Yes, I understand you. Maybe you know where to find other sources to support this idea?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

LOL! Just look at that face; how can you not trust it implicitly? šŸ˜

There are two things wrong with the linked page, (1) It is out-of-date; it does not embrace the additional (5 total) DDI interfaces (output channels) that the 9th gen Core processors can support and (2) It refers to this "Built-in display", but this is just the eDP (embedded DisplayPort) interface, which can be exposed as a standard DisplayPort interface.

If you would like another source to check, open the datasheet for any of the processor families and check out section 2.5 (Display Interfaces). For the 9th gen. Core processors, this is document number 337344-003, 8th & 9th Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ Processor Families Datasheet, Vol. 1. For the 10th gen. Core processors, this is document number 615211-004, 10th Generation IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ Processors for U, H, S Platforms Datasheet, Vol. 1. Processor datasheets can be downloaded from here: Technical Resources for Intel Core Processors.

...S

0 Kudos
MRusa1
Beginner

Thank you very much.

I'm not a pro in this question as you.. I just googled it.

But you show, how to find updated info.

For average user:

How to check resolution and amount of monitors could be connected to iGPU internal video card of Intel Processors.

Check: Technical Resources for Intel Core Processors. and find 2.5.9 Multiple Display Configurations (Dual Channel DDR)

ā€¢ Extended Desktop is a mode with up to three display ports activated to drive the content with potentially different color depth, refresh rate, and resolution settings on each of the active display devices connected. 

P.S.(intel PDF files are protected from copy-paste) WHY?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If the motherboard manufacturers would do a better job of documenting the capabilities of their boards, this problem wouldn't exist.

...S

P.S. In a word: 'liability'.

0 Kudos