Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Drive & Support Assistant won't download driver.

LaneG
Novice

I installed a graphics software package and it told me that the driver for my Intel HD Graphics 4600 is out of date. I downloaded the Intel Drive & Support Assistant it tells me that there are new drivers to download. I click on "DOWNLOAD" but nothing happens. I redown loaded the ID&SA and it uninstalled, then I reinstalled still won't download anything.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Forget IDSA and download the driver directly.

And, you are in luck, as a new driver was just released:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
LaneG
Novice

Thanks DOC. But I get an error on every thing I try to download from the resulting page when I click on the latest driver. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

From that page, click on the latest:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30196/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

From there, assuming you are W10 64-bit, select the very first on in the list under "available downloads"

0 Kudos
LaneG
Novice

Yes, I did that. Like I said it doesn't work. I get an error saying this driver is not validated for this computer.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, you said you did this via IDSA.  Which is it?  Direct download or IDSA?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

0 Kudos
LaneG
Novice

I did both, the IDSA first before I posted anything here. The other after you told me about it.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you tried my method, what error did you get when you ran the executable? 

Have you tried disabling kaspersky (all of kaspersky)?

0 Kudos
LaneG
Novice

"This driver is not validated for this computer."

How do I disable kaspersky ? Uninstall it?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello LaneG

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

This most likely happens because the Intel® DSA installs the drivers from our side. The drivers that the manufacturer of your computer provides are the ones recommended since they have been customized specifically for your computer. The Intel drivers are made for the card only (considered generic), and that might be the reason why you get that error with our software.  

If you want to install the latest generic driver available for your computer, please follow the steps in our article: Uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Driver 

Please follow the steps until you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, once there, you can install driver version: 15.40.48.5171 (Latest)

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello LaneG

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

David G.   

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello LaneG

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos