Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assist - ability to ingore driver updates - especially graphics ones

GOwen6
Beginner

Hi Intel. Please add the ability to ignore certain driver updates in the Intel Driver & Support Assist tool - especially the graphics driver. I have a Dell XPS. I am sick to death about being told there is a new generic graphics driver for my laptop - I don't want to overwrite the the OEM driver which works fine. As you say "OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from Dell. Report any issues found with this driver to Intel."

So stop it with continually telling me there is a dangerous/testing driver update to install - I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL IT!! For the love of God - allow me to ingore this update and stop bothering me! Your software is seriously annoying.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I am sure Intel will conside this as a feature update. However, you should not be using IDSA. You should be using only the Dell driver support tool.

For me, having IDSA ignore an update, or ignoring it myself, are the same. I use the dell tool on my dell laptop, where there are plenty of updates I simply ignore.

Doc

noquiexis
Beginner

I have Intel devices on my Windows 10 computer, so I use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to keep the drivers up-to-date. I, too am being annoyed by the constant notification of the Version:

27.20.100.8187 graphics driver, which my computer does not need, and which refuses to install.

"Installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM).

OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from Dell. Report any issues found with this driver to Intel."

If Intel knows this going in, they should have provided a means to permanently ignore this driver update. "Simply ignoring" the notification is not the answer to this problem.

0 Kudos