Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant - How to delete the download cache?

Deca1
Beginner

Question: How to delete the download cache of the Driver & Support Asisstant Software (acronym used in the following: D&SA), or rather said how to delete its downloaded driver that I didn't install.

I downloaded this driver:

Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Drivers

Afterall: 551.6 MB in Size.

I couldn't install this driver - the reason is offtopic*.

However I noticed upon trying to install it several times, that the download persists. Even after uninstalling the Driver&Support Assistant Software the download seems to be still there.**

Where do I find this download to delete it?

Asterisk-Explanations:

*: My Machine uses a customized driver apparently, Intel already directed me to the correct website

**: I noticed that still I have this download, because in short: I could press Install  immediatelly (where, see***) when using the D&SA "again" : When first trying. I was repeatedly uninstalling the D&S Assistant (trial and error before finding about *). I wanted to redownload the driver, because I assumed there was a download error.

In Detail: My PC had crashed and when going back to the website it showed 94% download. When reloading the website for the driver download, I couldn't continue the download (error).

After clearing the browser cache it suddenly gave me the option to install (apparently the download was finished somehow). I managed to start the installer. There I noticed that it wouldn't install, so I deinstalled the D&S Assistant, in order to try again. However upon trying to download again, I already got prompted to Install - also there was no download process (the installer started immediatelly). Also worth to mention is that I restarted the PC after  each uninstallation. Thus there was no new download even though I had everything deinstalled, THUS the download is somewhere still. I couldn't find where.

***: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Clear this folder: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Downloads.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Clear this folder: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA\Downloads.

...S

0 Kudos