Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant "Scanning your system ..."

Rui_Baptista
Novice

Hello

For a few days I've been going to "Check For New Drivers" and I get a "Scanning your system..." as a result, and it doesn't go away. I have tried on Chrome and Edge with the same results:Captura de ecrã 2021-11-07 152142.png

I went to the post https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Intel-Driver-amp-Support-Assistant-quot-scanning-your-system/m-p/1235389#M78790 to get some results:

dsauninstaller_0.zip and dsauninstaller_1.zip are the results of uninstalling the application.

ssu.txt is the result of running ssu.exe application.

DSA.zip is the result of zip the desired folder.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rui_Baptista
Novice

Hello

This time I tested it with two virtual machines, both with Windows 11, in Portuguese and the other in English. The machine in English worked, while in Portuguese it gave "Scanning your system ..."

That's what Yariker said in https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Endless-scan-in-Intel-Driver-amp-Support-Assistant-on-Windows-11/m-p/1327969#M102599 , the language has to be different from English.

Here I leave uninstallations in Portuguese in English.

Thank you

Rui

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rui_Baptista
Novice

Hello

I tested it with two virtual machines, one with Windows 10 and the other with Windows 11, and my conclusion is: it works on Windows 10, and it doesn't work on Windows 11 (with my configuration).

Thank you

Rui

0 Kudos
Rui_Baptista
Novice

Hello

This time I tested it with two virtual machines, both with Windows 11, in Portuguese and the other in English. The machine in English worked, while in Portuguese it gave "Scanning your system ..."

That's what Yariker said in https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Endless-scan-in-Intel-Driver-amp-Support-Assistant-on-Windows-11/m-p/1327969#M102599 , the language has to be different from English.

Here I leave uninstallations in Portuguese in English.

Thank you

Rui

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Hi...

how did you fix it? I see the PM said there is a new version (version 21.6.39.7).... Was it the fix or Yariker's workaround?...

I'm setting up a VM with Win 11 as well but I only use English there...

Megan ❤

0 Kudos
Rui_Baptista
Novice

Hello

Yes, Yariker's workaround for Windows 11 is enough.

What VM do you have? I have no idea but it works for me.

Rui

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Thanks.... that was an interesting workaround... and finding...

For my Win 11 VM I'm using VMware Pro 16... I assigned 8GB of (shared) RAM and the virtual disk is on an SSD... so far it is running smoothly.

I don't want yet to re-partition one of my drives or format a PC to install and "just test" Win 11... to early to risk a stable system...

I also use VMware 16 to run CentOS and Windows Server (for labs...)

Megan ❤

0 Kudos