Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel® GCC Gaming Feedback

Bryce_Intel

Gaming - Education, Settings, Game Detection

Please provide any feedback pertaining to gaming and how our Intel Graphics Command Center interacts with your games.

Our new Retro Scaling feature is available now for 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors (formerly Ice Lake) and later products, please also let us know your thoughts and any feedback or ideas you have.

For AGS feature feedback please use the link below.

The other feedback pages are:

21 Replies
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Hello Bryce, the UI and general Usability is great so far, but:

1) I'd also like to see a menu "Global Settings" for AA, AF, VSync and so on

2) If I manually add a game or 3D application and change Settings, they don't seem to be applied at all. I tested this with several DX7-DX9 and DX11 applications. I'm using the 25.20.100.6618 driver on a NUC6i5SYK with an up-to-date Win10 Pro 64Bit

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Loeschzwerg

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Thanks for your feedback @Loeschzwerg​!

I checked in with the team and their initial response is below

1. We’d like to hear more about how you see using this. Suggestions of what you’d like to see with a Global Settings feature and how it would function would be helpful. Once we have all details of a feature request we can enter it for consideration in our feature planning meetings.
  2. We’ll investigate this further, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Thanks for the quick response 🙂

Setting AA, AF, Sync etc. globally is easier (at least for me; it's less click-work) than navigating to every game .exe manually (many many games don't get recognized automatically) and keeping the library of game profiles up-to-date. I also like to benchmark games and 3D applications in general and don't want to mess with a dozen of profiles every time I test on a different system. With the upcoming support of adaptive-sync (Gen11), I also think that sync-options should be available globally and not just game specific, simply because every user with an a-sync monitor wants to use this feature and have it activated.

Please also consider some tuning options and maybe some sort of measurement tool. Here are some examples:

• Altering GPU clocks
  • shifting the power and thermal budget from CPU to GPU (or vice versa)
  • manually set the assigned video memory
  • undervolting settings
  • display GPU information within a game (clocks, load, memory usage, framerate, frametime, used API)
  • collect/measure GPU information for benchmarks

Thanks and regards,

Loeschzwerg

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Thanks @Loeschzwerg​ 

I passed this on to the devs on Monday. MSchm21 below has the same feedback about mass implementing. Devs will look into it.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Ok here my honest Feedback.

• nice design, big improvement over the old one
  • functionality is very poor for several reasons:
  • no global game 3D settings supported, if I have 100+ games I have to manually select all my games when I just want to enable/disable Vsync or AF at once which is extremely time consuming and annoying
  • autodetection for games is useless (out of 25 games it only found 1 game.....Doom)
  • all the 3D settings doesn't seem to work: AF, Vsync, AA everything not working
  • scroll bar for color and brightness settings is losing its focus when I constantly increase/decrease the setting which is annoying, the old control panel didn't had this problem
Bryce_Intel

Thanks @MSchm21​ 

This was great feedback. I reported it to the gaming team who will look into it further.

Oh, and would you be willing to providing your game list? We can look into why it's not detecting them correctly.

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

Astroneer, Limbo, Inside, Trine 2, GRIS, Age of Empires 2 HD Edition, Ghost of Tale, Oblivion, Little Nightmares, Ori and the blind forest, Serious Sam Fusion 2017

.....all of them not detected.

My other games are not installed at the moment.

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Great, I passed these on. Thanks for providing them!

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I love new IGCC , its UI is good.

Bryce_Intel

Thanks @RAJU2529​ 

Great to hear you're a fan of Intel® GCC so far 🙂 More wonderful things to come!

0 Kudos
MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

One UI design choice is a downgrade imho.

• old panel no scrolling
  • new panel high amount of scrolling
Bryce_Intel

Thanks for the feedback @MSchm21​ 

I provided this to the iGCC team.

0 Kudos
IMest
Novice

Add support for Half Refresh Vsync (sync to 30 FPS on a 60Hz display) and Adaptive Vsync (Disable Vsync when FPS drop under the display's refresh rate) to the Intel Graphics Command Center.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hi @IMest​! Adaptive Vsync is currently available for Intel Iris Plus Graphics, Intel UHD Graphics (10th Generation Intel platforms) and newer. I can notify the IGCC team about your other request regarding Half Refresh Vsync. Thanks for your feedback!

0 Kudos
IMest
Novice

Thanks for the response, and for considering my suggestion regarding Half Refresh Vsync.

About Adaptive Vsync, I'm not sure if we mean the same thing. I was talking about Adaptive Vsync: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/adaptive-vsync/technology, which turns off Vsync when a game's FPS drop below the display's refresh rate (60 FPS) and turns it on again when the FPS reach the display's refresh rate. I have search and haven't found if Intel GPUs support this. What I believe your talking about is Adaptive Sync, which is the Intel's name for support for Variable Refresh Displays and is similar to Nvidia's G-Sync and AMD's Free-Sync, which makes the display update the screen when the GPU tells it to do it, instead of the other way around as it is done with traditional Vsync. This is in fact supported only in 10th Gen Intel Platforms. So, I believe we are talking about 2 different things. Please consider also notifying the IGCC team about supporting Adaptive Vsync.

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

You're 100% right @IMest​. I apologize for that misunderstanding. The Intel GCC team is already interested in the Adaptive Vsync feature so let's just say keep an eye out for updates in the future. 😊

Thanks again for your feedback. Input like yours is what helps us improve and make Intel Graphics great!

0 Kudos
VDL
Beginner

In general the new command center is better than the previous control panel.

Here are my main problems and some expectations for the next update:

1. The game detection does not work

2. You can't manually select game batches. You can only select one at a time.

3. You need to manually edit every game individually 

4. A lot of scrolling

5. Would be useful if you add switchable graphics options to switch between dedicated and weaker gpu faster

6. Overclocking?

0 Kudos
TerminatorT50
Beginner

Hello everybody,

I am currently using the Intel UHD 630 from my i7 8700K and I noticed that I am in osu! have a slightly larger input delay than with my RTX 3080. FPS are constant at 240 which is actually enough, but I still have a noticeable drag. Or to put it another way, it feels spongy.

Otherwise in Valorant I have a great feeling to play, 1080p, ultra low settings but usually a good 120 FPS. The same in League of Legends.

In counter Strike go I have strong FPS drops, from 40 to 120 and back, unplayable, here I have to set the resolution down to 640 x 480 so that it is playable. Looks absolutely horrible then, but at least I don't have any extreme FPS drops anymore. Input delay is also clearly noticeable here.

My complete system:

Mainboard: Asrock Z370 extreme4

CPU: I7 8700K

Ram: F4-3000C16D-32GISB Drives:

- TS512GSS TS512GSSD370S 512 GB

- Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB

- Crucial P1 CT1000P1SSD8 1TB

GPU: RTX 3080 (is currently used for mining; D)

Best regards

Stefan

ps: Sry for my bad english; D

0 Kudos
DeputyMoD
Beginner

The UHD driver appears to implement triple-buffering (UHD 630, OpenGL app).

Please add an option that allows the user to disable triple-buffering and use double-buffering instead.

0 Kudos
hekoone
Beginner
UHD 7x0 Game Sharpening Feature is an awesome feature for who plays @1280x720 on a "big" screen, but it's only available for D3D11 and D3D12 games! Can you extend the support to D3D9, OpenGL and Vulkan games/engine?

The same for Anisotropic Filtering forcing, it seems to me that it doesn't work on D3D9 games (no OpenGL or Vulkan game tested - Vulkan games have of course the AF setting in-game)

Thanks!

0 Kudos