Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

[Intel® Graphic UHD 630] Windows 7 x64 driver missing

KD21976
Novice

As the title said i need to download the drivers for the integrated iGPU into the i7-9700k processor for my windows 7 system, is not mandatory since i have a dedicated card but i need for different purposes like when i change graphic card or move the card to another pc.

The only close drivers i found are these:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28694?v=t

but they wont work since indeed is for the last skylake and not kabylake architecture.

I'm screwed or there is a way to force such drivers into win 7 x64? Sorry if i still use this old OS but i have some hardware that isn't compatible with win 10 so i need to stay with this os atm for everything, work and some games.

Thanks you if someone or a intel engineer can help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that Intel does not support nor develops graphics drivers for 7th Generation (or newer platforms) and Windows 7 operating systems. This was done in compliance with Microsoft's support policy.

Installing a driver that is not designed for your operating system can have unforeseen repercussions including performance and instability issues, which in turn may only appear after some time (take into account that the driver code is not designed for Windows 7). To make matters worse if any issue occurs there is not going to be support from any party (i.e. Intel, Microsoft and your OEM).

Finally I can confirm that Intel does not endorse, recommends nor supports any of the suggestions provided in this thread that enables the installation of drivers on unsupported software.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Michael20
Novice

@KD21976,

I had tried a mod driver from WinRaid before posting here. 🙂

It didn't work on my machine.

Thanks again. It's really kind of you.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that Intel does not support nor develops graphics drivers for 7th Generation (or newer platforms) and Windows 7 operating systems. This was done in compliance with Microsoft's support policy.

Installing a driver that is not designed for your operating system can have unforeseen repercussions including performance and instability issues, which in turn may only appear after some time (take into account that the driver code is not designed for Windows 7). To make matters worse if any issue occurs there is not going to be support from any party (i.e. Intel, Microsoft and your OEM).

Finally I can confirm that Intel does not endorse, recommends nor supports any of the suggestions provided in this thread that enables the installation of drivers on unsupported software.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

DERIVANDO
Beginner

good afternoon everybody. Sorry I'm late ... but I have the same problem today. I discovered that intel no longer supports win 7 64 bit ... but MSI Italy has instead confirmed full compatibility on my purchase of the mother board b365 pro vh, which I also chose for (in fact) the integrated GPU. How can I solve in your opinion? any advice for an external GPU?
Mine is an audio station (cubase) with win 7 64 bit. i7 9700 - 32 gb crucial ballistix. thanks and greetings from Italy!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Only windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.   This is Microsoft's decision, not Intel's.  There is no intel graphics driver for Windows 7, which is no longer supported by Microsoft and Intel.  

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

MSI straight out lied to you. If using integrated GPU, there is simply no way that you will find the driver that you need (it simply doesn't exist).

...S

0 Kudos