Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel Graphic card driver issue (Asus laptop) due to an automatic update

NEloy
Beginner

Hello I have a problem with my laptop ASUS FX503VD (Windows 10 64bits, Intel HD Graphics 630). My computer automatically updated the latest INTEL driver and since then I have some display issues (e.g my external second screen remains black despite that my computer recognises it...)

I tried to manually reinstall the previous driver through the device manager (after uninstalling the latest driver that doesn't fit on my computer) but it doesn't solve the problem bcs I can't install the previous driver properly. I downloaded the driver I wanted to have on the website of ASUS https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/FX503/HelpDesk_Download/ . There is no ".inf" files in the zip, just an ".exe" maybe that's the solution and I should contact Asus (already done I wait for their answer)?

Otherwise I've tried everything else to uninstall the current driver and reinstall the previous one but it doesn't work my computer leave me either with the latest incompatible INTEL driver or with the basic video card of Microsoft...

I don't know what to do I already have this problem a month ago (also due to an automatic INTEL driver update) but I managed somehow to solve the issue but this time I can't.

If you can help me I'll appreciate.

Many thanks,

Nico

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

igdlh64.inf is inside the folder /graphics

NEloy
Beginner

Thank you Stefan for your answer. Yet I don't find a folder /graphics inside the zip file when I download the driver from the link I posted above. There is only three files: mup.xml , SetupChipset.exe and WixLicenseNote.txt when I unzip the zip file...

Can you please tell me where you found the idglh64.inf inside the folder /graphics please? Or maybe you found the driver through another link? I am looking for the Version V10.1.1.44 released, according to Asus on the 2017/09/28.

Thank you in advance for helping me,

Nico

0 Kudos
NEloy
Beginner

If anyone can help me I'll greatly appreciate.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Under VGA hit "see all downloads"

Stefan111-20190122.png

V10.1.1.44 is not the graphics driver, but the chipset driver. Which never needs to be updated btw.

NEloy
Beginner

Thank you Stefan I have succeeded to install this driver. It was my bad I confused the two drivers bcs the chipset drivers' name was INTEL as well...

Yet I still have the same display problem I just had with the latest driver (e.g my external second screen remains black despite that my computer recognises it...)

Do u think u can also help me with that when u have the time if it's not a matter for u pls? Do u think it might be due to the fact that I ve tried to install the chipset driver several times (but it did nothing I think)... I don't know how this issue is possible yet it happened right after the INTEL Graphic latest driver update.

Thx u in advance

Nico

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Since you have an Optimus rig, check if the GeForce driver has been updated at the same time.

Or if Windows has been updated.

0 Kudos
NEloy
Beginner

Yes I reinstalled the Nvidia GeForce driver yesterday (from Asus website) as well and then updated it... It hasn't solve the issue neither. I'm pretty sure that the issue concerns the Intel driver and not the Nvidia one though (as I show u on the 1st printscreen)

I haven't done any windows update recently (I have the 17763.253 Windows 10 Family Edition which was installed the 21/12/18).

The windows update system doesn't want me to update my windows neither yet it keeps want me to install the latest Intel driver (which, according to me, isn't fully operational and works with some issue on my laptop) as you can see on the second printscreen.

I don't really know what to do if you can suggest me to do some more things to try to solve the problem I'll greatly appreciate. Otherwise if I can't find a solution I guess I would have to call a computer engineer...

Thx.

N.

0 Kudos
NEloy
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try to connect to another monitor or TV.

Try another cable.

0 Kudos
NEloy
Beginner

I have tried to connect another device with the same HDMI cable on the screen and it worked perfectly so it's not a cable nor a screen issue.

I'll try tomorrow to connect my laptop on another screen as u suggested. Thank u for ur advice, I keep u in touch.

Thx

0 Kudos