Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel Graphics 530 can't play 4k videos

VDanh
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I have just bought an Alienware 17 R3, with Intel Graphics 530 and Nvidia 970M, 8GB RAM. I don't know why it can't play smoothly 4k videos (still can play but often be lagged) though I installed new drivers of all those 2 cards. I attach my system info in this post.

Thank you for reading this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello danhviet

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems to play 4K videos, allow me to help with your inquiries.

I noticed that your graphics driver are up to date after reviewing the original system manufacturer site, could you let me know if the videos are from a local storage or streaming videos?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
VDanh
Beginner

Hello, thank you for replying me fast.

It lags in both video types. At first, I play a 4k video on youtube, it's lagged. I'm not sure it's the bandwidth problem or not, so I download it, it's still lagged when I use default players in Windows 10. It's less lagged much when I use klite codec wmplayer classic but it doesn't completely disappear.

I also try this 4k sample: http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/ Elysium 2013 2160p - 1 Minute Sample Footage - Free 4K Sample Footage but the problem still remains. It can't be play smoothly either.

0 Kudos
VDanh
Beginner

Hey, the problem was solved . Because of my adapter. Its output is 135w, it's weak for this laptop model (I bought an old one). Today I switched to the correct adapter with 180w and so all 4k videos are played greatly smoothly with youtube, klite, wmplayer, except the Movies & TV can't play smoothly the 4k sample. I don't know why but it doesn't matter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello danhviet

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos