Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel Graphics 530 drivers causing black screen w/o cursor upon boot

RB2
Beginner

Hi everyone,

When i boot Windows 10 (version 1803), I am greeted with a black screen without cursor after the motherboard splash screen appears. This problem appeared a week ago (5/22/18).

I found that the problem was that Intel Graphics 530 drivers were causing the black screen, so I replaced them with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers. These work fine, but they offer horrible performance and I am not able to do anything that is graphics intense (gaming, etc).

Through the process of finding what caused the black screen, I reformatted by hard drive and reinstalled Windows cleanly using a USB stick. I have also scanned for viruses using a lot of different programs (Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Windows Defender, TDSKiller, etc), so the problem must be with the drivers.

I tried installing different versions of the driver, including ones all the way back in 2015, 2016, 2017 and the latest one 6094 released on 5/22. I have also tried installing drivers directly from my OEM manafacturer HP, but those didn't work (they were from 2015). I have tried to revert to Windows 10 version 1709 (the one before 1803), but all of the driver versions still do not work there. I tried everything, and I can't come up with any other solution. Help?

0 Kudos
23 Replies
TBarb7
Novice

Im dealing with the same issue except my igpu is intel graphics 630. Changing the power plan to Maximum Performance didn't work for me. Did you guys found any other possible solution?

0 Kudos
EKyse
Novice

Still the same bug in intel driver. Are Intel going to do something with it or it's better to buy AMD solution?

CCATO
Beginner

Same issue for me on a GP62 6QE LEOPARD PRO.

As soon as I install any driver I get a black screen, secondary screen works fine.

Will try an old version of Intel Drivers but I think it comes from Windows 10...

I will try to download an old ISO of Windows with latest drivers to see if it change anything, but it is boring to reinstall everything...

0 Kudos