Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel Graphics Command - Blank laptop screen

DaithiG
Beginner

Hi all,

I've a Dell Latitude 5410 with a Intel UHD graphics card. The display on the laptop looks very washed out compared to the external Dell monitor I have.

When I use the Intel Graphics Command centre to say change the saturation levels, the laptop screen goes blank, even on reboots. I've had to uninstall the UDH driver and reinstall to get it working.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
DaithiG
Beginner

File attached. 

I get of course there can be difference between a laptop screen an external monitor, just not sure why it keeps crashing when adjusting the levels slightly.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello DaithiG,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• For how long you’ve been experiencing this behavior?
  • Do you recall if this issue occurred after a Windows* or graphics driver update?

If possible, I would appreciate if you could provide a picture of both screen to see the comparison.

Have you tried downloading the drivers from your computer manufacturer? If not, I would strongly recommend the use of your OEM drivers. You can find them here.

As you can see the driver version that they offer is 27.20.100.8681.

When talking about laptops, it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. 

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.  

I would recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer to avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. 

Additionally, I noticed that there is a Windows* update available for your system. You may want to update your operating system to the latest version to ensure top performance.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello DaithiG,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
DaithiG
Beginner
Hi all,

No, I still get the issue changing the saturation via the Intel application regardless if I use the OEM drivers or Intel drivers or if updates are installed.

Just bumping up the saturation by one or two will make the laptop screen go blank. Uninstalling the adaptor is only way to fix it.
0 Kudos
JamesG
Beginner

I have the same problem, adjusting color/ saturation settings causes laptop screen to go blank. External still works. Driver has to be uninstalled to get laptop display working again.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello JamesG,

Hope you're doing well.

I want to let you know that we are still waiting for the answer from the original thread owner to continue with the assistance.

If we understood correctly your problem has been resolved after uninstalling the driver, if your PC has or will present issues you need to create a new thread to assist you properly.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JamesG
Beginner
Jose,

Thanks for the reply.
My issue is not resolved by uninstalling the driver, the issue repeats again if you try to make the changes described in my previous post and the driver again needs to be uninstalled to get an image to display on the laptop screen. If necessary, as requested, I will create a new post for my issue.
0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello DaithiG,

Thanks for your response.

In this case we need you to provide us every step that you are doing in order to replicate the issue.

We only will perform this with the Intel generic drivers since the other ones are from the manufacturer and must be checked with them.

• Also, please attach screenshots, pictures, or videos to understand better the current issue.

• Are you using any adapter or straight connection?

• Please provide an Intel® Graphics Command Center report.
  1. Open Intel® Graphics Command Center.
  2. Click on support.
  3. Click on the tab System Diagnostic.
  4. Generate report.
  5. Save the file. 

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi DaithiG,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards.

Jose V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DaithiG
Beginner
Hi,

I'm on leave for a few days but will test this when I'm back next week.
0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi DaithiG,

I want to know if you were able to look at and respond to the last questions?

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos
DaithiG
Beginner

No, the same issue still happens. I change the saturation by just one value and the laptop monitor screen goes blank.

I'll have to leave this until the new year though when I have more time.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi DaithiG,

Thanks for letting us know.

We will be waiting for your update when you are more available.

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hi DaithiG,

I want to know if you still need assistance?

Let us know when we can continue with the process.

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos
Jose_V_Intel

Hello DaithiG,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards.

Jose V.

0 Kudos