Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD 630 drivers causing black screen on Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming

SNave1
Beginner

I recently got my Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming back from the Dell repair center.

Ever since I received it, I have had trouble with the graphics drivers (it has been about 2 months since I got it back).

Whenever I update the Intel Graphics HD 630 drivers, the screen goes black.

At first, I thought it was a problem with outdated drivers from the Dell website, so I installed the drivers directly from the Intel website. It worked for about a month (until now).

Suddenly, my notebook's screen gets all black, keyboard lights go off and the computer just stops. I thought it had been turned off for whatever reason, so I tried to turn it on again. It turns out, that it was actually hybernating, as Windows quickly made sounds of USB ports being connected and other stuff that I don't remember about (just a normal de-hybernation process).

The only way to fix it is to go to safe boot mode and uninstall Intel HD 630 Graphics drivers. However, I suffer MASSIVE performance issues without the updated drivers, and I can't even update them.

I have already done all the procedures Dell asked me, including making a clean install of Windows 10 (which didn't solve the problem).

Here are my specs:

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti

CPU: Intel 7700HQ @ 2.80Ghz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should be using only the drivers for graphics from DELL, especially since you have dual graphics. If dell is not updating them, you need to get them to update the drivers.

The reason for this has been posted many times on this forum. Do a search, then go back to dell. It is their laptop and warranty, and they need to support it.

Drivers for laptops supporting such have been modified, not by intel, but by Dell (or their contractor) to provide switching and other customizations to work on their hardware. Using the intel generic driver, or the nvidia generic driver, will not work as expected for your hardware. Also, your warranty is with Dell. If the laptop is not working properly, send it back to them.

Doc

0 Kudos
SNave1
Beginner

I have already stated that I have downloaded the drivers from DELL, and it caused the same problem. I did search it, I came here as a last resort. I did go to their support.

The drivers I downloaded from the Intel website worked for about a MONTH, and they got me the same problem right now. Now, if my warranty has not run out yet (which it probably has), I'll have to contact their support, wait 2-3 weeks for them to try to send my computer to their repair center, have them either steal or dump my data again (they won't tell me what happened) and then proceed to stay weeks without a computer, again.

It's still a Intel graphics card and there sure have been issues similar like that before. NONE of them

had satisfiable answers, or answers that worked for me. This is a last resort, not first ask for help after having a problem.

It's not really helpful when each company blames the other for a problem.

0 Kudos
YDere
Novice

I would tell you the one thing. Nobody cares about our problems... I tried to contact with everybody. Intel, Dell, Microsoft. But I use my computer( Dell 7567) as a calculator. Because each company blames each other!

0 Kudos