Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics UHD 630(on Z390 UD) + I5-9600K= no HDR streaming

RGelu
Beginner

Hello, i have a pair of I5-9600k with Z390 UD build to obtain streaming HDR. At this moment i am on Win10(1909) and all driver updated based on Intel drive support assistent.

Bios on MB is F8.

I can not activate HDR streaming on my TV(HDR capable) at all.

I atach pictures for details.

Please let me know how to stream HDR.

Thanks.

PS:

i already contacted Gigabyte support and they instruct me to buy a GPU! Please check screenshots atached(2019-12-19)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
RGelu
Beginner

Hello Al. Hil

Do you think i missed something or just like a recommendation?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You may have missed something. Still, the document is a good read.

Doc

0 Kudos
RGelu
Beginner

Studied but i don't see any misleading . By the way is last revised in 2017 but the principle are the same.

Did you find something wrong in my setup?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, the document was just for your review.

One of the Intel support engineers will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello RGelu

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The information provided by Al.Hill is correct and the document lists all the system requirements in order to achieve HDR capabilities. These requirements can be found in the Technical White Paper, under section 3- System Ingredients, page 7.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/graphics/HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper.pdf

When using HDMI®, it would be required an LSPCON chip in order to achieve HDR over HDMI. This is since this configuration needs HDMI® 2.0a support. This LSPCON chip is not required for DisplayPort™.

Checking the technical specifications of the motherboard model in your setup, it seems that the GIGABYTE® Z390UD motherboard only comes with 1 HDMI® port, supporting HDMI® 1.4, and no DisplayPort™ ports are available. This represents a hardware limitation to achieve HDR capabilities. Please refer to the following link from GIGABYTE® as a reference under "Onboard Graphics":

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-UD-rev-10/sp#sp*

In this case, I recommend you double-check the Technical White Paper and make sure the setup meets all the requirements that are needed for HDR. Also, you may check further with GIGABYTE® support regarding the advice they provided and in case a discrete video card is needed, they may also assist further regarding compatibility and validated discrete video card models, for instance, providing a QVL (Qualified Vendor List).

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

*Note: Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
RGelu
Beginner

Hello Andrew G,

Thanks for you answer.

Based on your reply and Gigabyte i purchased a GPU(Nvidia GTX1050Ti) and now is OK.

MB390UD does not have the HDR support as hardware.

Now is Ok.

0 Kudos