Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel® Graphics: Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

jarm8479
Beginner

Good morning,

I have a problem with the Windows 10 DCH driver, when I install it to my laptop (Dell Inspirion 7559), it keeps blinking and does not upload the programs to the taskbar, in order to uninstall it I had to use the task manager to be able to access device manager.

I want to know if it is a driver problem or if there is any solution so I can update it.

Regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jarm8479,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I understand that you are experiencing some blinking issues after the update of the graphics driver. To better assist you please provide the following information:

• Was the computer working fine prior the update?
  • How was the update made?
  • Please provide the current driver version.
  • What is the version of Windows*?

If you prefer, you can run the following tool and attach the report generated, in that way we can gather all necessary information:

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) download link.

1)      Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.

2)       By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

3)      Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

4)      To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
jarm8479
Beginner

Good morning,

Attached I send what you requested.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jarm8479,

Thank you so much for the report attached.

After checking the report I can see that you are using the latest Intel generic driver.

I would like to gather some additional information to see what could be causing this behavior.

1.   Did you perform the update using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant? How was the update made?

2.   By any chance do you know the version of the driver that was previously installed?

For testing purposes I would recommend the installation of the driver that was installed prior to the update.

When talking about laptops, it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers. 

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.  

I would recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer to avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers.

So I would recommend the installation of any driver/software using the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer. You can find the drivers here.

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
jarm8479
Beginner

Good morning,

See attachments the requested data.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jarm8479,

I see that you are currently working with the driver version: 27.20.100.8476.

Is the computer working fine with that driver?

Also, noticed that you are using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to update the drivers for your laptop.

When talking about this utility it’s worth mentioning that the tool was designed to work in Intel devices, such as an Intel® NUC, compute stick, among others.

The purpose of the tool is to detect the components in the device and show the available updates for it, however, we need to consider that if an OEM device is used the IDSA might display some drivers that might not be fully validated or compatible with the device as the drivers provided by Intel are generic drivers.

I would recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer or the use of a DELL*utility to keep your computer up to date.

That will avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. This is because system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. 

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
jarm8479
Beginner
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jarm8479,

No problem! If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos