Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel Graphics driver crashing when displays go to sleep

CAnde34
Beginner

I have two displays. My main monitor is powered off of my gtx 1080, and my secondary monitor is using my 7700k igpu (Intel® HD Graphics 630).

When the displays go to sleep the driver will crash and move all my windows from my second monitor, to my main monitor. When the displays are asleep, I can hear rapid device disconnected and reconnected sound. Every 2 seconds the second display disconnects and reconnects.

This started happening last year, so I switched my second monitor to my nvidia graphics card. Now I need the hdmi port on my graphics card, so I switched back to my igpu for my second monitor.

I am wondering if anyone has ever experienced this issue. I have attached the graphics information from the control panel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

CAnde34, No problem at all, thank you very much for sharing those details and the report.

Yes, as you mentioned, try to install the Intel® Graphics driver provided by ASUS, which is driver version 23.20.16.4849, that is the proper driver for your system and there will be no issues if you try to install it, please let us know the results once you get the chance.

In regard to the BIOS configuration, that is something that only ASUS will be able to confirm if that is the proper set up for hybrid graphics.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

CAnde34, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Was it working fine before?

Which Windows* version are you using? 1903?

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

Did you try to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the board?

Since the Intel® processor works with Intel® HD Graphics 630, we can always try to install the Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 26.20.100.6912:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=98909

Did you check directly with the motherboard manufacturer to confirm if the current BIOS configuration that you are using is the proper one for hybrid graphics and if a BIOS update might be needed?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
CAnde34
Beginner

I apologize for not providing all my info.

I am using Windows 10 1903

I am using the Asus z270-a prime (https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/). This is the setting in the bios I have selected

iGPU Multi-MonitorThis item allows you to enable the iGPU Multi-Monitor. The iGPU shared system memory size is fixed 64 MB.Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

I have made no hardware changes recently

It was working fine for awhile. I updated to a new version of the driver last year and that's when the issue started happening. Unfortunately, I do not know what version this behavior started happening. I am currently on version 26.20.100.6912 and the issue is still present.

When I look at my motherboard manufacturers website. They have a download for version 23.20.16.4849 from 12/28/2017. Should I uninstall my version and install this version and see if it works? I am using the newest dch driver, will I have any issues downgrading to 23.20.16.4849?

I have attached system information if I did not provide enough.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

CAnde34, No problem at all, thank you very much for sharing those details and the report.

Yes, as you mentioned, try to install the Intel® Graphics driver provided by ASUS, which is driver version 23.20.16.4849, that is the proper driver for your system and there will be no issues if you try to install it, please let us know the results once you get the chance.

In regard to the BIOS configuration, that is something that only ASUS will be able to confirm if that is the proper set up for hybrid graphics.

Regards,

Alberto R.

CAnde34
Beginner

I installed 23.20.16.4849 and it works very well. There is no longer any crashing.

Thank you for your help @AlbertR_Intel​!

0 Kudos
CAnde34
Beginner

Hello @AlbertR_Intel​ 

You helped me with this issue a few months ago. We determined that I need to use graphics driver 23.20.16.4849 for my secondary display to work correctly.

Recently Windows has been updating my graphics driver automatically. How do I make this stop? I need to stay on version 23.20.16.4849 or else the driver crashesaD1YJKN.png

0 Kudos