Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 520 and HDMI 1.4 2560x1440

Max321
Beginner

Hi together,

I have a short question regarding the following setup:

HP 250 G5 = Intel 520 + i5 6200 + HDMI 1.4

Can I use this setup to run a monitor with the resolution 2560x1440 at 60 Hz?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Max321, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, yes, the Intel® HD Graphics 520 controller is capable of supporting the 2560x1440 at 60 Hz resolution.

The bandwidth of HDMI 1.4 supports up to 8.16 Gbit/s of maximum data rate, as you can confirm in the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

So, if we calculate the resolution 2560x1440 at 60 Hz in the following site, you will see that the result will be "Total Signal Bandwidth 6.64 Gbps", it is under 8.16 Gbit/s, so your platform is totally capable of supporting the resolution that you are looking for:

https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Max321, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Max321, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos