Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Intel HD 530 graphic and color depth 10 bit

r1973
Beginner

Hi, i have a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Desktop-Mini-PC, Intel processor, I7 6700, 3,4 Ghz, Base Board: HP 8056, KBC Version: 05.36, 16 GB RAM. Graphic card: Intel HD 530. I have a new monitor, which supports 10 bit colour depth (AOC U3277PWQU). When i check the settings, it says that i have 8 bit colour depth now.

Is it possible to change colour depth from 8 to 10 bit? I use the intel graphic card software, but i can't find anything in the settings.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

r1973, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your platform:

Which application are you using, the Intel® Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics and Command Center?

What type of cable and video port are you using to connect the monitor?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Is the latest Intel® Graphics driver version provided by HP installed in the computer? It should be 26.20.100.7156 Rev.A:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitedesk-800-g2-tower-pc/7633297/swItemId/ob-240632-1

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify the components in the PC:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach the report, once you choose "reply" select the "clip" icon on the lower left corner.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
r1973
Beginner

Hi,

i am using the Intel Control Panel.

Cable: Displayport 1.2, there is a display port on monitor and pc.

i am using Windows 10

i have driver 26.20.100.7156  for the graphic card.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

r1973, Thank you very much for providing that information and the report.

Just to let you know, based on the report we can confirm that the Intel® Graphics driver currently installed is a DCH driver version 26.20.100.7156, normally that driver contains the Intel® Graphics and Command Center, please verify if that application is installed in "Apps and Features" since we recommend to use that tool instead of the Intel® Control Panel.

In reference to your question, no, the option to change the color depth is not available at the moment, but all the updates and new features including that possibility might become available in the Intel® Graphics and Command Center, that is why we recommend to keep using that application from now on.

Additionally, just for testing purposes, please click on the Windows* icon on the lower-left corner, select "Settings" then "System" and then "display" please choose the highest resolution available and change the resolution to 30Hz, the check if now the monitor is reporting 10 bit of color depth, please provide a screenshot of that, then change it to 60Hz and provide a screenshot of that as well to confirm if still the monitor still gets detected as 8 bit.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
r1973
Beginner

Thanks Alberto, for the detailled information.

When i change to 30 Hz it doesn't change the color depth.

And i can only use 59 Hz, not 60.

Regards, Russ

0 Kudos
r1973
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

r1973, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results and for sharing the pictures.

Yes, in this case then what we recommend then is to keep working with the Intel® Graphics and Command Center and to use the feature on the lower left corner to run the updates, the option to change the color depth might become available with a new Intel® Graphics driver release and that is why we advice to install all the updates of the application.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos