Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel HD 5500 driver win64_15.40.5171 wont install

3Fees
New Contributor I

Acer Aspire E15 E5-573G-52G3 - Intel HD 5500

.5171 wont install by exe or going thru zip file installing thru update drivers by the included .inf file in graphics folder.

I have 20.19.15.4703 (2017) installed an intel dch update from ~ 2015 driver.

Cheers

3Fees 🙂

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

With Internet access disconnected/disabled, I suggest you repeatedly uninstall the existing driver and reboot until it is only running the Windows basic driver. Then, install the latest driver, reconnect Internet access and then reboot.

Hope this helps,

...S 

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Almost the same rig as i have.

Unpack the zip file somewhere.

Go to subfolder /graphics/

Right-click mouse, execute "open in terminal"

Run this command:

pnputil.exe /add-driver *.inf /install

pep

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Hi:

Thanks for the reply. Tried both suggestions. I loaded in microsoft basic graphics driver and tried to update there same problem wont install it. Tried the second suggestion and its say this driver is installed already in the update drivers window upon trying to load the driver in it times out. On the first suggestion I had to do windows restore to put .4703 back in.

I downloaded Acer driver and checked it, its standard Intel driver not proprietary Acer driver.  I have tried to load the driver in safe mode as well, it just times out there too.

Not sure whether its a Intel driver problem or windows problem seems its a Windows problem.  I have done Intel clean install as well , no dice, , disable driver signature ,wont install any driver in.. I have done sfc/scannow , dism restore health ,chkdsk , ect,, all good, so far Windows 10/11 somehow blocks the update.

Intel automated driver checker says graphics driver is uptodate and does not offer .5171 as an update although it clearly is.  This laptop is my older laptop, I have MSI-laptop- 10th Gen I-5 10500H Intel processor with Nvidia 1650 max Q,  Intel Wifi 6 AX201 cnvio2, this one updates very easy.

Cheers

3Fees 🙂

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Success ! 15.40.5171 installed, I was upgrading the Nvidia display driver in safe mode and decided to try to update the HD 5500 display driver, I set the Windows driver timer to a larger time frame than default, to my surprise the driver was updated, been in safe mode many times to update and it would time out, this time went thru, even though its a older laptop its still good for web browsing, emails, ect.

GPU-Z.gif

Cheers

3Fees