Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD 620 1440P & 75hz?

Aag12
Beginner

I have a dell inspiron 7378 with HD 620 and just bought a 1440p monitor that supports 75hz at that resolution.

I'm hooking up the monitor via HDMI and the refresh rate maxes out at 60hz. Is there something i need to enable to unlock the higher refresh rate? I have the latest drivers from Dell & Intel and would assume the HDMI cable provided by Dell would be rated high enough to handle the bandwith.

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After seeing so many issues here, I established a rule: If the cable came with a monitor, it is trash; throw it away and purchase a quality product.

Your particular question has been asked previously. The answer has always been that 60Hz is the maximum. It makes no sense; even if the interface only supports HDMI 1.4, it can still handle 75Hz data rates for a standard 1440p monitor.

Sorry. Maybe Intel Customer Support can provide a better answer...

....S

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Aag12,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• By any chance, did you test with a different type of connection (DisplayPort* to DisplayPort*)?

Provide the DXDIAG  report:

1. Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  2. On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  3. On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  4. Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

With the external display connected, provide the Intel* Graphics Command Center report:

>Go to the Intel Graphics Command Center

>Support

>System Diagnostic

>Generate report.

>Attach the report file.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Aag12,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Aag12,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos