Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD 620 mit zwei 27" Bildschirmen

HDobb2
Beginner

Hallo,

ich habe da mal eine Frage: Und zwar habe ich zwei unterschiedliche Laptops mit einer USB-C Dockingststation. In beiden Laptops ist eine Intel HD 620 verbaut. Wenn ich jetzt an der Dockingstation zwei 27" Bildschirme per DP-Port verbinde, kann ich eine max. Auflösung von 2048 x 1080 für beide Bildschirme auswählen. Die Bildschirme selbst haben eine Auflösung 2560 x 1440 bei 60Hz. Wieso kann ich diese Auflösung nicht auswählen?

Liegt das an der Maximalen Auflösung des Intel Chips?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Do you mean you are connecting 2 displays to one single laptop via docking station? If the answer is yes, then you are most likely experiencing bandwidth limitations. The docking extension (considered an adapter) seems is just sharing the bandwidth capabilities between both displays. Usually, processors with Intel HD Graphics 620 support a max resolution of 4096x2304@60Hz via DP, but due to chipset, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023781/graphics-drivers.html

You may try by reducing the refresh rate, for instance to 30Hz to see if this allows selecting a higher resolution if available.

Otherwise, remove the docking from the configuration and test direct connections from the laptop to displays without any other adapters, if the issue is not reproduced, then you can confirm the issue is with the docking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Do you mean you are connecting 2 displays to one single laptop via docking station? If the answer is yes, then you are most likely experiencing bandwidth limitations. The docking extension (considered an adapter) seems is just sharing the bandwidth capabilities between both displays. Usually, processors with Intel HD Graphics 620 support a max resolution of 4096x2304@60Hz via DP, but due to chipset, monitor capabilities, and manufacturer configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023781/graphics-drivers.html

You may try by reducing the refresh rate, for instance to 30Hz to see if this allows selecting a higher resolution if available.

Otherwise, remove the docking from the configuration and test direct connections from the laptop to displays without any other adapters, if the issue is not reproduced, then you can confirm the issue is with the docking.

0 Kudos
HDobb2
Beginner

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I am connecting two 27" displays to one dockingstation. The hint with the refresh rate got me. If I set thet rate to 23Hz I can change the resolution of one display to 2550x1440, and the other stays at 2049x1080, but that is okay.

Many thanks for the help

0 Kudos