Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Intel HD 630 graphics support for HP Z27q 27 inch 5k monitor

aasho
Novice

hello,

I want to know whether Intel HD 630 graphics will be able to drive HP Z27q 5k monitor at full resolution.

The HP monitor uses 2 nos of display port 1.2 ports for achieving 5k resolution as the resolution of display port 1.2 is limited to 4K.

Intel hd 630 graphics can drive 3 monitor at 4096*2304@60 fps as per specifications.

Kindly confirm whether intel hd 630 graphics can run this particular monitor at full 5k via dual display port 1.2 ports.

I'am having gigayte Z270x Gaming 9 motherboard(intel i7-7700k processor).I'am having a display port 1.2 output of motherboard and one more display port can be added via thunderbolt port using a thunderbolt dock.With this setup can i run the HP 5k monitor.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for contacting us; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you with your 5K support inquiry.

I will need to perform further investigation regarding your request, this may delay a little the timeframe between our answers, however I will reach you back as soon as possible, I will keep you posted

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your patience.

In this case, we can only confirm that the HD Graphics 630 is perfectly capable of handling 2 simultaneous DP 1.2 outputs (DP 1.2 + DP 1.2 via Thunderbolt 3), thus theoretically the monitor should work fine at 5K.

Regarding the compatibility, the question might need to be addressed directly by the laptop manufacturer as they might have their own list of supported/tested devices.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

Hello,

Kindly clarify

1)Whether Intel hd graphics 630 supports transmitting of multiple streams via 2nos of display port 1.2 output.

2)Whether intel hd graphics supports tiled display mode where these 2 streams can be combined as one.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

Thank you for your response.

Let us investigate into that, I will post you back as soon as we have an answer.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

In order to answer your questions:

Whether Intel(R) HD graphics 630 supports transmitting of multiple streams via 2nos of display port 1.2 output? Answer is Yes

Whether intel(R) HD graphics supports tiled display mode where these 2 streams can be combined as one? Answer is also Yes.

In addition, please keep in mind that even though this monitor should work fine, we strongly encourage you to contact the monitor manufacturer and also with your system manufacturer to check further compatibility details.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please don't hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
aasho
Novice

hello,

Have you checked any 5k monitors using dual display port with intel hd graphics 630 running at full 5k resolution.I have checked hp website but supported graphics cards are not mentioned for the monitor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

In this case, as shared before, theoretically a 5k monitor should work, since we can only confirm that the HD Graphics 630 is perfectly capable of handling 2 simultaneous DP 1.2 outputs (DP 1.2 + DP 1.2 via Thunderbolt 3).

As there are too many vendors/manufacturers of 5k monitors, we cannot test or validate all them, or even one since as shared before, it is only theoretically.

If the HP* page does not have all the specifications that you are looking for, we recommend you to contact them directly on their https://store.hp.com/us/en/LiveHelpView?storeId=10151&langId=-1&catalogId10051&pagelevel=Home%20Page live support for an immediate answer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello AmalAshok,

We just wanted to double check if the information provided was helpful.

Please don't hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos