Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD Graphic 520 not working with 2560*1440 external monitor resolution

zaga69
Beginner

Hi all,

my laptop (Surface Book) has a Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 ... I bought a external monitor which has a 2560*1440 resolution,

Despite the HD Graphics 520 has several modes with higher resolution like 2560*1600, it does not work...the eternal monitor only is allowed to use 1920*1080

I have another laptop (HP), and it has Intel (R) HD Graphics 620... In this one, the external monitor is allowed to display the scree with 2560*1440 despite the higher resolution of the Intel (R) HD Graphics is 1920*1080

Any idea?

Many thanks in advance!

@HDGraphics520 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello zaga69, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that the Intel® HD Graphics 520 can support up to 4096x2304@24Hz via HDMI and 4096x2304@60Hz via DisplayPort (DP). Meaning that as long as bandwidth and system configuration allow it, the GPU will display any resolution equal or lower than the Max Resolution supported by the processor. As you already checked with another PC, the graphics card and driver can give this resolution; the problem in this case then seems to be the limitations in your specific system and you may need to consult the system manufacturer to check the specifications.  

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

3. You would like to set 2560x1440, what is the refresh rate? 

4. For the connection, provide: 

• Brand and model of the monitor. 
  • What cables and ports are you using? I.e. HDMI 2.0, DP 1.4, etc.  
  • Are you using an adapter or converter from your system to the monitor? If yes, please provide the brand and model.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello zaga69, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that the Intel® HD Graphics 520 can support up to 4096x2304@24Hz via HDMI and 4096x2304@60Hz via DisplayPort (DP). Meaning that as long as bandwidth and system configuration allow it, the GPU will display any resolution equal or lower than the Max Resolution supported by the processor. As you already checked with another PC, the graphics card and driver can give this resolution; the problem in this case then seems to be the limitations in your specific system and you may need to consult the system manufacturer to check the specifications.  

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link.  

• Are you using an adapter or converter from your system to the monitor? If yes, please provide the brand and model.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
albertoalgarra

Hi all,

my laptop (Lenovo x260) has a Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 ... I bought a external monitor which has a 2560*1440 resolution (AOC Q3279WG5B),

Despite the HD Graphics 520 has several modes with higher resolution like 2560*1600, it does not work...the eternal monitor only is allowed to use 1920*1080

Could you help me too?

Many thanks in advance!

Attached my summary from SSU software.

0 Kudos
Kingston1
Beginner

Good day, 

my laptop also has same issue. please advise me to sort this issue.

1.Please find the attachment

*** yes

• ***Dell  S2722QC
  • *** am using HDMI port
  • *** NO
  •  

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

Kingston S

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello zaga69,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
zaga69
Beginner

Hi,

finally the problem was solved following your instructions,

Being precise, the root cause of the issue was the cable that I was using to convert the HDMI to Mini DisplayPort,

I bought now the right one,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello zaga69,   

Thank you for your update. 

I am glad to hear that your system is now working, based on that, we will close this inquiry. 

If you need further help, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
SergioRdz
Beginner

Hello.

I have the exact same problem, trying to connect to an LG monitor that supports 2560x1080 @75Hz: Resolution does not appear among options, and I get a "mode not supported" message if I try to add it manually.

Graphics card is an HD520, in an HP ProBook.

(I am including SSU report in attachment)

I can see zaga69's issue was solved by changing the cable... but the cable I am using is working fine on another computer (and same LG monitor, of course).

Any thoughts?   Many thanks in advance,

-Sergio 

0 Kudos
LioV
Beginner

Bonjour,

J'ai une question pour vous s'il vous plaît. Mon fils a un pc portable ACER (fichier Intel SSU ci-joint).

Je souhaite lui offrir un 2ème écran, mais je n'arrive pas à savoir si sa carte graphique est capable de supporter la résolution et le taux de rafraîchissement de ce futur écran. Il s'agit soit d'un :

- ASUS PA248QV, ratio d'aspect 16:10, résolution : 1920x1200, taux de rafraîchissement (max) : 75Hz

- DELL P2423, ratio d'aspect 16:10, résolution : WUXGA 1920 x 1200 à 60 Hz

Son PC n'ayant pas de port Display Port (DP), il utilisera le port HDMI.

Comment être sûr que la résolution 1920x1200 @75Hz fonctionnera bien ?

D'avance merci pour votre réponse

Sincères salutations

Traduction en anglais / English translation :

Hello

I have a question for you, please. My son has an ACER laptop (Intel SSU file attached).

I want to offer it a 2nd screen, but I can not know if its graphics card is able to support the resolution and refresh rate of this future screen. It is either a:

- ASUS PA248QV, aspect ratio 16:10, resolution: 1920x1200, refresh rate (max): 75Hz

- DELL P2423, aspect ratio 16:10, resolution: WUXGA 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz

His PC does not have a Display Port (DP), so he will use the HDMI port.

How can I be sure that the 1920x1200 resolution @75Hz will work well?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Best regards

0 Kudos