Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Windows 10 November Update (Build 10586) Compatibility

PKoss
Beginner

I am using the latest version of the 4000 graphics drivers (15.33.39.4276) on Windows 10 64-bit build 10586 (November update). I noticed some compatibility issues with the driver when running Photoshop CC 2015 and the graphics driver crashes/does not work properly after opening Photoshop. I also noticed that taskbar thumbnail previews disappear quickly when hovering the mouse pointer over that thumbnail preview, making it difficult to change apps by using the taskbar thumbnail previews. This same behavior does not occur with the latest drivers installed on Windows 10 build 10240. Is there any workaround for this besides going back to Windows 10 build 10240? Since the latest Intel 6th generation graphics drivers have been updated to support Windows 10 build 10586, will the latest version of Windows 10 be supported by the Intel HD graphics 4000 drivers in the future?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
MCohe6
Beginner

Hello,

For better help and answers who posters, who have the same setup as you, you should include your Hardware, like the Motherboard, if on-board graphics and the Processor.

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

PSCF6U-01D00CZ motherboard model, i3-3120M processor.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Have you tried with a previous graphics driver version?

Is there any particular reason that you want the Windows 10 November update? If the previous build version worked for you I would recommend to roll back to it.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MCohe6
Beginner

intelhd4 wrote:

PSCF6U-01D00CZ motherboard model, i3-3120M processor.

Hi intelhd4,

Have you taken a digital picture of the Blue Screen, when you say that the Graphics Driver crashes? Post a copy of the Blue Screen. Nvidia Graphics Drivers 341.92 crashes daily with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(nvlddmkm.sys) with an ASUS P5N-D motherboard, randamly but especially after uploading a file or Video Calls with Skype.

My ASUS P8B75-M/CSM Motherboard with Intel Graphics onboard, fails to crash, but runs great. Only problem, I have is that I lose the Mouse Pointer in the Dual Boot Boot Manager.

With the Default Graphics installed, I have the Mouse Pointer available. With Intel Graphics reinstalled, I lose the Mouse Pointer. Keep a Digital Camera handy to take a picture of the Blue Screens.

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

Yes, I have tried with previous version 10.18.10.4252 and have the same issues. I need the November update for Skype and Sway app, Cortana improvements, Start menu improvements, and Edge browser support and tab previews.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Let me run some tests based on your description, in the mean time please try to install the appropriate driver from your computer manufacturer.

Regards,

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

Here are the Intel SSU (System Support Utility), DxDiag, and DispDiag files attached.

0 Kudos
MCohe6
Beginner

Hi Intellhd4,

Have you tried uninstalling the Graphic Drivers and reinstalling them, using WagnardMobile's Display Graphics Uninstaller?

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=144 Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

Yes, but the same issues persist.

0 Kudos
MCohe6
Beginner

Hi Intellhd4,

Have you send Microsoft Feedback on your findings?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am still investigating this matter.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience.

I have been running some tests but I am not able to reproduce this issue, everything works fine in our systems. I have tested it on a Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and Intel® HD Graphics 5500 with Windows® 10 and the latest driver version.

Regards,

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

Hi,

This issue occurs when you open a Windows Store app such as Microsoft Edge or Calculator for 1 hour or longer. I notice that if I try to open another application such as Chrome, the taskbar thumbnail preview is no longer working normally and hides in the background when the mouse pointer is hovered over it. I do not notice the issue when I use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter instead. Does the latest driver update (15.33.42.4358) support Windows 10 build 10586? Here is a screenshot of the error message from Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 attached.

0 Kudos
MCohe6
Beginner

Hi intelhd4,

The Microsoft Basic Display Adapter supports the Mouse Pointer in the Dual Boot Manager and when the Intel Graphics is installed, the Mouse Pointer is missing. May or may not be related. I have an Asus P8B75-M/CSM Motherboard with Onboard Intel Graphics Chip.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Yes, the driver should support this build version.

Like mentioned before I have been running some tests but I am not able to replicate this issue. At this stage I would recommend to run the Windows Updates in order to have the system up to date.

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

I still have the following problem after updating to the latest build 10586.63 and latest graphics driver version 15.33.42.4358 (see attached) once I open a Windows Store app such as Calculator for 1 hour and then another program like Chrome. Perhaps this is due to the Intel graphics driver causing some mouse pointer issues so the taskbar thumbnail previews do not work properly once hovered over. I do not see this behavior with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I am not able to find any workaround for this.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Let me double check this, I will be running more tests.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

0 Kudos
PKoss
Beginner

Any updates on this issue?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I have been running several tests but unfortunately I have not been able to replicate this issue.

Try running the Windows Updates and try installing the latest driver version, see here for the latest driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25698/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-33- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*,10 [15.33].

Regards,

0 Kudos