Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4000 external display flickers, no signals black out randomly

Marco88
Beginner

I am using thinkpad T430 with built in Intel hd graphics 4000 graphic card and windows 10 64 bit installed. I connect it to an external LED monitor through vga. I installed the latest driver from Intel 8/6/2020 version 10.18.10.5161. 

After that, the external display flickers randomly and giving no signal. It sometimes recover, sometimes it does not. Sometimes I restarted the laptop and it is fine, then randomly the issue occurs again. I have cleaned install the laptop and the issue re occured again. I have tried to changed to another vga cable and of no help. I also searched high and low, even disabled windows update (I'm not even sure if this is the problem), it helped me for sometime (for few months), but then it started giving me problem again recently. Until disabling and enabling windows update no longer helped. The monitor kept on flickering randomly, and went on no signals and black out.

Then, I tried to update to latest Intel, but I already have the latest. Uninstalling and installing again did not help either. Then, I happened to find older drivers and found a driver in my laptop support. The driver is of 4/4/2016 version 10.18.10.4425. I removed the existing graphics driver, restarted and installed the old driver. Apparently, it worked so great so far. I really hope it does solve the problem and to other who face similar issue if this helps. And to Intel, I hope the dev team could remove the bugs and provide support update.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Marco88, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, it is important to mention that the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller is under the status of End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued.

So, Intel® technical support will no longer be provided for this kind of product, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos